Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 18th, 2021
Synovus Rewards Visa® Credit Card
Synovus Rewards Visa® Credit Card
Earn 3X Points in a Spending Category of Your Choice
- Regular Purchase APR 13.24% to 26.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.24% to 26.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 3X points on up to $3,000 in net spend each quarter for purchases in a Dynamic Earn category of your choice
- Earn 1X point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- 0% introductory APR for purchases, balance transfers and overdraft protection fees for the first 12 months after account opening
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.24% to 26.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.24% to 26.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Synovus Travel Rewards Visa® Credit Card is a versatile travel rewards credit card that is designed for cardholders who want to see just how far their points can take them. With dynamic point-earning potential, excellent travel perks from Visa, a discounted annual fee for the first year, and special bonuses for travel-related spending and point redemption, this card is a powerful tool for anyone who loves to travel.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to save money on extraneous fees with a card that does not charge for balance transfers or a monthly or annual cardholder fee
- Will take advantage of a generous introductory APR period by purchasing big-ticket items or transferring existing balances and planning to pay it off within 12 months of opening their account
- Want the flexibility to choose the spending categories for which they earn the most points each quarter
- Are searching for a card that features the protection benefits Visa® is famous for, along with a lucrative rewards program
Synovus Rewards Visa® Credit Card Review
The Synovus Rewards Visa® Credit Card, is one of several rewards cards issued by Synovus Bank. With proper planning, cardholders can maximize their point-earning potential while saving themselves piles of cash thanks to a lack of fees, competitive interest rates, and a lucrative rewards program with points that can be redeemed for a variety of great options.
Earn Rewards From Every Purchase With the Synovus Rewards Visa® Credit Card
Maximizing the rewards-earning potential from the Synovus Rewards Visa® Credit Card is as easy as looking at your finances, determining which spending category you spend the most money in, and designating it as your Dynamic Earn category for the quarter.
Breaking down the rewards:
- 3X on a Category of Your Choice: Based on your personal preferences and your financial goals, you’ll have the option to choose a Dynamic Earn category that delivers 3 points for each dollar spent within that category. If you love dining out, you can elect to earn extra points from restaurant purchases; if you have a long commute for work, you might opt to earn those points on gas purchases. Synovus will reward you with 3X points each time you swipe in the category you choose on up to $3,000 in net spending each quarter. Cardholders have until the last day of the current quarter to decide as to which category they would like to select for this 3X rate the following quarter. Once you have spent $3,000 on this category, the earning rate for points reverts to 1X points per dollar until a new quarter begins.
- 1X on All Eligible Purchases: Cardholders will earn points for any qualifying purchase; 1X point per dollar spent on every purchase that isn’t part of their selected Dynamic Earn category, and every dollar spent beyond the $3,000 threshold for their selected category in a given quarter.
There is no limit to the number of points that can be earned with this card, so If you plan to make a lot of purchases with your new Synovus Rewards Visa, you’ll be reaping the rewards.
Redeeming Rewards Points
Cardholders can redeem the points they earn with their Synovus Rewards Visa® Credit Card by calling the bank, or online – the choice is theirs. Visit the Synovus® Purchase Perks portal to check the total number of points you’ve accrued and browse their redemption options, or call 1-800-Synovus (1-888-796-6887) and follow the prompts. Points can be redeemed for great rewards, like:
- Merchandise – Points can be exchanged for merchandise from your favorite retail stores. Choose from items like children’s toys, baby clothes, jewelry, electronics, handbags and luggage, and much more. Retailers include brands like Apple, Cusinart®, Bose®, Sony, KitchenAid, and many more.
- Gift Cards – Gift cards to many of the world’s leading brands are available, too. Redeem your points for gift cards to Target, Starbucks, Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Lowe’s, Panera, and everything in between. Choose from hundreds of different retailers.
- Travel – Cardholders can redeem their points to purchase travel in the form of airline tickets, hotel stays, and car rentals. Gift cards from well-known brands in the travel biz like Carnival, Best Western, Budget, and Choice Hotels, as well as many more, are available in exchange for points.
- Cash Back – Rewards points can also be used towards cash back rewards, in the form of a statement credit. Cardholders can opt to use their points to pay for specific purchases, in full or in part, thanks to the Pay Me Back feature from Synovus. You can pay for individual purchases, or apply the points to your entire monthly statement; if you’d prefer, a direct deposit can be made to place the cash equivalent of your points directly into an approved bank account.
Forget Extra Fees
With the Rewards Visa® Credit Card from Synovus, there are no costly extra fees to weigh down your wallet. Unlike its sister card, the Synovus Travel Rewards Visa® Credit Card, there is no annual fee associated with this card. Additionally, there is no fee for balance transfer requests that are made in person with your local banker, or over the phone.
Although cardholders can save big thanks to the minimization of most common fees, if you plan to use this credit card overseas, be warned: there is a modest foreign transaction fee.
Introductory Interest Rates
Thanks to a generous introductory APR period, anyone with a new Synovus Rewards Visa card can take advantage of 0% interest for the first 12 months their account is open on all purchases, as well as balance transfers and overdraft protection. This is particularly useful for anyone who wants to save as much money as possible by paying down an existing balance without paying interest on that balance; with proper planning, cardholders can maximize their savings and get rid of previous debt in one fell swoop! This introductory APR is also useful for folks who wish to make a large purchase; if you’ve been eyeing a big-ticket item and have budgeted so that you can pay it off in 12 months, this rewards card from Synovus might be a great way to make your purchase without paying interest or extra fees.
Synovus Bank Perks
Synovus Bank is dedicated to helping their cardholders streamline savings, and to make life easier, customers can enroll in Cardview®. Cardview allows you to manage your credit card account the way you want to; view account activity like the date, amount, and a description of each recent transaction, or make payments each month quickly and easily. You can also use Cardview to set up automatic payments, and reminders too. Get notified when you reach a specific balance, or when a payment due date is coming up – the choice is yours.
Visa® Card Benefits from the Synovus Rewards Visa® Credit Card
The Synovus Rewards Visa® Credit Card is accompanied by a suite of consumer protections and benefits that are standard with any Visa credit card. Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with:
- Purchase Security/Extended Protection
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Travel & Emergency Assistance Services
- Hotel Theft Protection
Should You Apply for the Synovus Rewards Visa® Credit Card from Synovus Bank?
If you’re looking for a simple rewards credit card, the Synovus Rewards Visa card may be a good fit. Other credit cards may feature more ways to earn rewards, like the Chase Sapphire Preferred (which offers a generous and lucrative introductory bonus for rewards points), or the BankUnited Premier Rewards American Express Card (which allows the cardholder to earn points at different rates in several different categories) – but the annual fee and interest rates may be discouraging when compared to this rewards card offer from Synovus. The flexibility to choose the spending category in which you earn 3X points will be a big draw for folks who make everyday purchases and plan to use a credit card to do so; for example, you might select grocery purchases as your category for one quarter, then switch to gasoline if you know you’ll be taking a road trip or start a job with a farther commute in the next quarter.
This flexibility allows you to maximize your points. One caveat, however, is that this 3X rate is capped after $3,000 in eligible spending within that category each quarter. The Chase Sapphire Preferred card does not limit the number of points that can be earned on travel and dining; there is no cap on the number of points cardholders can earn with the BankUnited Premier Rewards American Express card either.
All in all, the Rewards Visa® from Synovus is a solid credit card offer; it allows users who plan their finances and budget using this card to save substantially, thanks to an introductory APR for purchases, balance transfers, and overdraft fees. Ultimately, the decision to apply for this card will boil down to personal preference, but for anyone who is looking for a simple, flexible rewards credit card, this is a great place to start your search.