Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Sterling National Bank Visa® Business Platinum Card
Enjoy 0% Intro APR for 15 Months
- Regular Purchase APR 11.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- 0% APR for 15 months on purchases
- 0% APR for 15 months on balance transfers
- Choose between central, individual, and memo statement billing options
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $35
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $39
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ – Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 – See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry – Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 – See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels – Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 – See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase at Harry & David – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Troon® Golf for Visa Infinite – Offer Expires on January 26, 2022 – See Details
- Sonoma Wine Tastings 2:1 Offer with a Visa Signature or Visa Infinite Card – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a GlanceThe Sterling National Bank Visa® Business Platinum Card features no annual fee. New cardholders can also take advantage of 0% APR for 15 months from the date of opening an account. This introductory interest rate applies to both purchases and balance transfers. This business card also offers several billing options to help you run your business more efficiently.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Want a basic business credit card without rewards
- Would like to take advantage of 0% interest for 15 months on purchases
- Need to transfer a balance and intend to pay it off in 15 months
Sterling National Bank Visa® Business Platinum Card ReviewThe Visa® Business Platinum Card from Sterling National Bank is this bank’s most basic business credit card. As such, it doesn’t earn cardholders any rewards. What this card lacks in rewards, it makes up for with Sterling National Bank’s lowest interest rates for business credit cards. Additionally, cardholders don’t have to pay any annual fees to use this card. This can save small business owners money in the long run. This credit card’s greatest benefits are its introductory 0% APR offers. For 15 months, new cardholders can take advantage of having no interest added to their purchases. This can be a great advantage for new business owners who may need to buy equipment and supplies but can’t pay cash for it yet. The same introductory terms apply to balance transfers. New cardholders can transfer a balance to their new Business Platinum Card and pay it off in 15 months with no interest. If a business owner has a balance on a high-interest credit card, this feature can help them get out of debt without having to pay anything additional. This credit card also offers business owners several billing options that can help them better manage their business spending. Keep reading to learn more about these features and whether this is the right card for you.
Basic = SavingsYou may wonder whether the Sterling National Bank Visa® Business Platinum Card’s lack of rewards makes it an inferior card. The answer depends on what you need out of a business credit card. Rewards cards may seem like they offer a lot of benefits to business owners. However, these benefits often come at a price. Most rewards cards charge cardholders annual fees. The more perks a card offers, the higher that fee can be. When you’re starting your business, every dollar can affect your bottom line. But don’t the benefits outweigh the fee? It really depends on the card. Most credit card issuers use the same rewards catalog for personal and business customers. As such, the prizes available for redemption might not be anything you can use for your business. Even if a rewards card has a low annual fee or no annual fee, there are other costs involved. With Sterling National Bank’s credit card offerings, rewards typically translate to higher APRs. The Visa® Business Platinum Card features Liberty Bank’s lowest business card interest rates. In the long term, this can save your business a lot of money. For instance, a $10,000 balance on one of SNB’s other business cards can cost you $200 more in interest.
0% APR on PurchasesAnother way the Sterling National Bank Visa® Business Platinum Card can outshine a rewards credit card is with its longer introductory APR period. Most other SNB cards only offer six months of 0% APR (if any introductory interest promotion). With this card, you have 15 months of no interest on purchases. This promotional period begins on the day you get approved for this card. This feature can present a major boon to new business owners. Most business owners need to purchase quite a lot of items when they first start out. However, their cash flow may be more of a trickle. As such, most new business owners rely on credit. Having 15 months of no interest, though, can really help you buy what you need without having to pay any extra fees. This can be a huge savings for many business owners. Say you need to furnish a new office for $10,000. Without this 0% APR promotion, you’d end up paying up to $2,249 in interest. With this promotion, you can pay off that purchase at only $666 a month to avoid paying interest on it. It’s important, however, to decide on what you need to purchase before you sign up for this card. Remember that this offer begins on the date you open an account. The sooner you make your purchase, the more time you have to pay it off.
0% APR on Balance TransfersThe Sterling National Bank Visa® Business Platinum Card also offers new cardholders a similar introductory APR on balance transfers. This credit card offers the best balance transfer deal out of SNB’s business credit cards. When most people want to transfer over a balance from a higher-interest credit card, it’s usually a pretty significant balance. SNB’s other credit cards typically offer six months of 0% APR on balance transfers. This gives you very little time to pay it off, especially if you’ve yet to establish a steady stream of income from your business. Having 15 months to pay off a credit card balance can take the strain off your finances, especially when you’re just starting your business. But there’s another feature of this promotion that makes it even more attractive. You have 465 days (about 15 months) to transfer a balance and take advantage of this offer. However, as opposed to the introductory purchase APR, the promotional period begins on the date that you make the transfer. If you transfer a balance 13 months after opening an account, you can still take advantage of 15 months of 0% interest. With this credit card, you have time to transfer a balance when it’s convenient to you.
Billing OptionsThe Sterling National Bank Visa® Business Platinum Card offers several billing options that can help you manage your business more effectively. While some smaller businesses only need to grant credit card access to the business owner, this isn’t always the case. Some businesses have several employees who need to make charges. Even if you’re starting out small, your business may grow before you know it, which will require you to hire employees. You have three billing options with this Visa® Business Card:
- Central bill
- Individual bill
- Central bill with memo statement