Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 17th, 2021
Sandals Visa Signature® Credit Card
Sandals Visa Signature® Credit Card
$150 Statement Credit Offer
- Regular Purchase APR 16.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 16.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 19.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 7 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn a statement credit of $150 when you make $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of the account open date
- No annual fee
- Earn 3x points for every $1 spent on purchases at any Sandals & Beaches resorts
- Earn 1x point per $1 spent on everyday purchases
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 7 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 19.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $29
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Sandals Visa Signature® Credit Card is an ideal rewards card for travelers who love vacationing with Sandals; Sandals Resorts has long been known for its lavish Caribbean all-inclusive vacation packages, which can now be booked with points earned from their co-branded credit card. Turn your everyday spending into an unforgettable Sandals vacation, and earn a $150 statement credit even as you save money with this credit card offer.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are a frequent guest at Sandals Resorts
- Plan to spend $1,000 in the first 90 days of account opening to earn a statement credit of $150
- Want a card with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Will take advantage of 0% interest on purchases for the first seven billing cycles
Sandals Visa Signature Review
The Sandals Visa Signature® card offers fans of Sandals Resorts the opportunity to turn every purchase into their dream Caribbean vacation. Sandals credit car holders earn WorldPoints® Rewards every time they swipe their rewards card, at the following rate:
- 3x points for each $1 spent on Sandals and Beaches purchases
- 1x point per $1 spent on all other purchases
The Signup Bonus
New cardholders can qualify for an exclusive $150 statement credit (a 50% increase from previous offers for this card) when they spend $1,000 within the first 90 days of opening their account.
Reward Points & Redemption
Rewards points earned with the Sandals Resort credit card can be redeemed for a multitude of deals at Sandals and Beaches resort properties. Sandals’ site details what WorldPoints® redemptions (as of October 17, 2019) are currently worth:
- 1,800 Points: All That’s Good book
- 2,500 Points: Enjoy a Sesame Street® Character Breakfast
- 7,500 Points: A $75 discount on Sandals or Beaches vacations
- 9,000 Points: Enjoy an Island Routes Canopy Tour at Sandals Jamaica (one person)
- 10,000 Points: A $100 Sandals or Beaches Red Lane® Spa credit
- 12,500 Points: A $125 discount on Sandals or Beaches vacations
- 15,000 Points: A $175 discount on Sandals or Beaches vacations
- 16,500 Points: A private candlelight dinner for two
- 25,000 Points: A $300 discount on Sandals or Beaches vacations
- 75,000 Points: Three free nights at Beaches or Sandals Resorts in September
- 100,000 Points: Three free nights at the following resorts: Sandals Montego Bay Flagship Resort, Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort & Private Island, Sandals Ochi Beach Resort and Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- 125,000 Points: Three free nights at the following resorts: Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort, Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa, Sandals South Coast Jamaica, Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa, Sandals Royal Plantation & Spa, Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island, Sandals Grenada Resort & Spa, Sandals Royal Barbados Luxury Included Resort & Spa, Sandals Barbados, and Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis & Spa Resort
In addition to rewards points, the Sandals Visa Signature® card makes it easy to save money thanks to no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees (you’ll even save money when you use your card at a Sandals property outside of the United States), and a low introductory APR offer of 0% for seven billing cycles on purchases.
Should You Apply for the Sandals Credit Card?
So, is the Sandals credit card worth it? If you are a frequent guest at Sandals Resorts locations throughout the Caribbean, the answer is an emphatic “yes.” The card earns impressive rewards with stays at all Sandals Resort locations, including the especially popular Sandals Resort Bahamas and Sandals Resort Jamaica locations.
Booking a Sandals stay will likely cover the $1,000 needed to receive the $150 statement credit, which is a nice perk for those planning all-inclusive resort stay in the near future. For everyone else, however, the Sandals Visa Signature card isn’t the best option available. Beyond 3x points with Sandals, there really isn’t much else to tempt anyone else; but, after all, why would they apply for the card in the first place?