| Last updated on October 24th, 2023
Park National Bank Visa Signature® Real Rewards Card
Park National Bank Visa Signature® Real Rewards Card
- 14.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 14.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 6 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 1.5 points for every eligible net $1 spent
- Earn unlimited points
- Get a special bonus of 2,500 points after first purchase (redeemable for $25 cash back, merchandise, gift cards, or travel savings)
- 0% introductory APR for purchases and balance transfers for first six billing cycles
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Park National Bank Visa Signature® Real Rewards Card Review
The Park National Bank Visa Signature Real Rewards Card is one of several Visa-branded credit cards issued by Park National Bank. It’s a rewards card that gives cardholders the ability to earn points from every eligible purchase, which can be redeemed for a variety of options including travel, merchandise, and more.
Earning Points with the Park National Bank Visa Signature® Real Rewards Card
As far as rewards credit card offers go, the Park National Bank Visa Signature Real Rewards Card is a simple one. Rewards are accrued for every net dollar spent on every eligible purchase. This means that cardholders can earn points from everyday spending – whether you’re filling up at the gas pump, treating yourself to a nice dinner out or a movie ticket, or buying groceries for the week, you’ll earn 1.5 points for every dollar you spend.
Park National Bank offers a special introductory bonus of 2,500 points as a thank-you. These points are earned after the cardholder makes their first purchase and can be redeemable for $25 cash back or its equivalent in merchandise or other rewards. While 2,500 points may not seem like much when compared to the incentives that accompany other credit cards, all you need to do to qualify for this bonus is use your card, on any purchase, for the first time. There’s no pressure to spend more than you might have budgeted for just because of the prospect of earning a high bonus; with this card, you could buy a pack of gum or a candy bar and voila – you’ll get the advertised bonus.
Points can only be earned from eligible purchases. Transactions such as cash advances, balance transfers, and convenience checks are not eligible to earn rewards. Credits and returns are also ineligible to earn points. Additionally, there is no limit to the number of points that can be earned with this card, but be forewarned: Points expire after five years, so plan accordingly when redeeming rewards. While five years is a long time, it can throw a wrench in the plans of anyone who wants to redeem their points, especially when you consider that other credit cards don’t put an expiration on their rewards.
How To Redeem Rewards Points
In order to begin redeeming points earned with the Park National Bank Visa Signature Real Rewards Card, cardmembers must have a minimum balance of 2,500 points. This can be redeemed for the equivalent of $25 cash back, meaning that 1 point is worth 1 cent. Reaching 2,500 points is not difficult to achieve – it can be as simple as collecting the introductory bonus described above.
To redeem rewards points, cardholders have two options: They can log into their account and browse rewards online, or call the Rewards Center at 1-888-229-8864. Points can be exchanged for a variety of options, such as:
- Travel savings
- Gift cards
- Name-brand merchandise
- Cash back (as a statement credit)
Rewards points can also be redeemed as a cash deposit directly to a Park National Bank savings or checking account. This option is only available to cardmembers who have an open account with the issuing bank.
Competitive Interest Rates and Fees from the Park National Bank Visa Signature® Real Rewards Card
The Park National Bank Visa Signature Real Rewards Card is accompanied by a competitive interest rate that can be called the “Goldilocks” of APRs: Not too high, not too low – just right. There is no annual fee, either, meaning that there won’t be any sort of surprises to offset the savings earned from accruing and redeeming rewards points – especially if cardholders pay off their statement balance in full each month. Folks who want to avoid interest payments, at least at first, will enjoy the introductory APR period from Park National Bank, too. Cardholders can benefit from 0% interest on purchases and balance transfers for the first six billing cycles after opening their account.
This introductory APR period is particularly useful for those who plan ahead, since it applies to purchases and balance transfers. If you are considering making a large purchase – a new couch, a family vacation, or the like – or you’d like to pay down existing debt from another card without adding interest to your balance, the Visa Signature Real Rewards Card from Park National Bank can be extremely useful. Here’s how best to take advantage of it:
- Pay Your Balance in Full: Here at BestCards, we recommend paying down your debt (or paying off your large purchase) in full before the introductory period has finished. The rationale behind this is simple: If you do not carry a balance from either transaction after the six-month grace period is over, you will not incur interest from it. These savings can really add up, as can interest fees – so it makes sense to plan to pay your full balance in time, if possible. Remember that any credit card that carries a balance over multiple billing cycles will earn interest when standard interest rates apply.
- Plan Your Large Purchases Beforehand: Ensuring that you have budgeted before making a large purchase means that you’ll be in the clear when it comes to paying down the debt from a big-ticket item before the introductory APR period has finished. Having a plan in place beforehand makes it easy to pay your balance in full and avoid excessive interest charges.
- Don’t Make Extra Purchases if You Transfer a Balance: It can be tempting to make lots of purchases with a new credit card, but remember: Six months will fly by. Resist the urge to add to your debt until you’ve successfully paid down your existing balance from a previous card. Since your goal should be to eliminate the amount you transfer from a previous card in full during the introductory period, it may be best to avoid making additional large purchases with your Park National Bank Visa Signature card that could add to your debt and leave you with a substantial balance, equating to hefty interest charges once the first six billing cycles have passed.
- Read the Fine Print: Pay attention to the terms and conditions for your credit card. Doing so may help save you from unexpected interest and fees. For example, the introductory APR for the Park National Bank Visa Signature Real Rewards card does not apply to cash advances, so if you request a cash advance, you’ll accrue interest on it – even if you request it during the first six months your account is open. Remember, cash advance APRs are typically much higher (and do not usually have a grace period), so the sting of interest is felt almost immediately when a cash advance is requested using a credit card.
Consumer Cardmember Benefits
A slew of Visa cardholder protections and benefits accompany the Park National Bank Visa Signature Real Rewards Card, including:
- Extended warranty coverage
- Auto rental collision damage waiver coverage
- Zero fraud liability
- Travel assistance
- Fast cash access (ATM access)
- Cards accepted at millions of locations worldwide
- 24-hour cardmember service
- Verified by Visa protection
- Free extra card
Credit cards from Park National Bank are also chip-enhanced, which increases the number of locations where they can be used, as well as card security thanks to encryption.
Should You Apply for the Park National Bank Visa Signature® Real Rewards Card from Park National Bank?
All in all, the Visa Signature Real Rewards Card from Park National Bank is a run-of-the-mill Visa Signature rewards card. There are several credit card offers on the market that are branded as Real Rewards Cards, like the BOK Financial Visa Signature Real Rewards Card and the SBI Visa® Real Rewards Card, which share the same interest rates, the same points-earning rates, and the same introductory bonus points valuation as the Real Rewards offering from Park National Bank. Deciding which of these Real Rewards cards you sign up for may boil down to the region you live in, and which bank is most accessible to you.
There are plenty of credit cards with better offers, depending on your personal preference, financial goals, and budget. You’ll need to consider how much you’re willing to pay for an annual fee, as well as whether an introductory bonus or introductory APR is available as an incentive. Another important factor to consider is whether you’ll carry a balance from month to month while using your card – interest rates vary by card issuer and card tier, and this can add up to high interest charges if you choose to carry a balance and don’t pay attention to your spending habits. Many credit unions offer credit cards that have low interest rates when compared to cards issued by larger banks. These are often ideal for folks who choose to carry a balance.
The Park National Bank Visa Signature® Real Rewards Card is one of several credit card offers from Park National Bank. it’s a suitable option for someone who plans to transfer a balance or make a large purchase immediately after opening their account and who wants to earn rewards at a flat rate from making the same purchases they make every day.
Browse Other Park National Bank Credit Cards:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.