Last updated on February 22nd, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Ocean Bank International Platinum Rewards Card
Ocean Bank International Platinum Rewards Card
- 16.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 16.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 12 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
It pays to spend with the Ocean Bank International Platinum Rewards Card; unlimited points can be earned for every qualifying net purchase, at home and abroad. Additionally, a generous introductory offer – 0% APR and no annual fee for the first twelve months – make using this card to save money both convenient and easy.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all qualifying net purchases
- Points can be redeemed for cash rewards, travel rewards, and shopping rewards
- 0% intro APR for 12 months on both purchases and balance transfers
- No annual fee for the first 12 months
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 2% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first year. After that, $75
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- You will take advantage of a generous introductory APR of 0% for 12 months
- You want to earn points towards travel, cash, and shopping rewards from everyday purchases
- You want a card that waives the annual fee for the first year
- You would like a card with zero liability for unauthorized charges
Ocean Bank International Platinum Rewards Card Review
Ocean Bank’s Platinum offering from Mastercard® is accompanied by a generous APR of about 12% – both for purchases and for balance transfers – which means that when you use this card for a large purchase, or to pay down existing debt, you’ll save big bucks thanks to this competitive, low interest rate. To sweeten the deal, the Ocean Bank International Platinum Rewards Card has a lengthy introductory period, meaning that the purchase and balance transfer APRs will be 0% for twelve billing cycles from the date your account is opened, which when taken advantage of, can save you oodles of cash too.
The Ocean Bank International Platinum Rewards Card is designed with customers who maintain a minimum qualifying deposit in mind; the annual fee for this card is $75 ($0 for the first year!), and is easily offset by its rewards-earning potential: cardholders may earn 1 reward point per $1 spent on everyday purchases, both at home and abroad. Shop with confidence, enjoy card security, and earn cash, travel and shopping rewards whether you’re spending in your own neighborhood, or using your card as you travel the world. Rewards points can be redeemed for cash as a statement credit, for flights, hotels, and even cruises, and for hundreds of gift cards as well as merchandise from luxury brands and more.
Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you’ll never be liable for purchases if your Ocean Bank International Platinum Rewards Card is lost or stolen. Additional benefits from this Mastercard® credit card include extended privileges – up to four cards per account for family members and students at least 15 years of age – and convenient, online account management. You’re protected by MasterCard®’s identity theft resolution services and Global Emergency Assistance, and you can even enjoy 15% savings on airport meet and greet services. Cardholders will also enjoy MasterCard® global service programs, like Priceless Cities.
Should You Apply for the Ocean Bank International Platinum Mastercard?
The Ocean Bank International Platinum Card packs a low APR, decent intro APR, and no annual fee into one neat little package.
The card’s single point per dollar spent is fairly pedestrian, but still enjoyable for a card with such a great interest rate on purchases. Even better, the 0% intro APR period extends for a full year after account opening and applies to both purchases and balance transfers.
Frustratingly for an “international” credit card, the card charges a foreign transaction fee of 3% of the transaction in U.S. dollars. Most quality travel cards provide no foreign transaction fees, making the single point and $75 annual fee with the Ocean Bank card slightly puzzling.
All in all, this is a card offer that will be enticing to anyone who wants to enjoy earning travel and cash rewards while saving money with a competitive, low APR.