Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on March 11th, 2021
- No annual fee
- Earn 1 CashPoint for every $1 you spend
- Redeem CashPoints for cash back, gift cards, merchandise, or travel
- Transfer points to other Priority Rewards accounts
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 18%
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or %% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 18%
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Exclusive tableware and home d?cor items from porcelain - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Go on a guided truffle-hunting expedition in the Motovun Forest - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Embark on a journey through the city of the Iron Throne - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Discover Agra beyond the Taj Mahal on a virtual tour - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Play the Hidden Network of Private Courses - Offer Expires on December 31, 2022 - See Details
- Marvel at a celebrity stylist's star-studded fashion collection - Offer Expires on June 01, 2021 - See Details
- Embark on a virtual trip to the Banaras' ghats, Sarnath, and more - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Get a glimpse into India's history through the Gujarati thali - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The First Hawaiian Bank Priority Rewards Credit Card earns you one CashPoint for every dollar you spend. You can redeem your points for cash back, gift cards, merchandise, and travel. There is no cap or expiration on points. You can also transfer points to different Priority Rewards accounts. What’s more, this card features no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Get confused with tiered points systems
- Want to earn 1X points on all their purchases
- Don’t want caps or expirations on their points
First Hawaiian Bank Priority Rewards Credit Card® Review
The Priority Rewards Credit Card from First Hawaiian Bank is a basic rewards card. It earns cardholders one point for every dollar they spend on most purchases. First Hawaiian bank places quite a few restrictions on the types of purchases that earn you points. You can redeem your points for cash back, merchandise, gift cards, or travel. What’s great about this card is that your points don’t expire. Furthermore, there is no limit to how many points you can earn. You can also transfer your points to other Priority Rewards accounts, as well as receive points from other cardholders. This lets you pool points and redeem them for big prizes! What’s more, this card features no annual fee, so you’re getting all these perks at no additional cost to you. To learn more about this credit card and figure out if it’s right for you, keep reading below.
Earn Points on Your Purchases
The First Hawaiian Bank Priority Rewards Credit Card is as basic as a rewards card can get. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Many rewards cards that promise cardholders more points for their purchases limit those points to certain types of businesses. For instance, the Elite World Masterard® from First Hawaiian can earn you five points per dollar. However, you only earn those points on travel expenses and only up to $6,000 in purchases per year. These high-points cards also feature annual fees. You don’t need to worry about any of that with this Priority Rewards Card. You know all your purchases will earn you the same amount of points, and you don’t have to pay a fee for this benefit. However, there are several types of transactions that won’t earn you points.
Most banks don’t award points to balance transfers or cash advances. First Hawaiian takes it a step further and denies points to gambling transactions, including the purchase of lottery tickets. Furthermore, you won’t earn points when you use your card to pay for a loan or lease, purchases at truck stops, or taxes.
Redeeming Your Points
The First Hawaiian Bank Priority Rewards Credit Card gives cardholders a lot of flexibility when it comes time to redeem points. Many banks claim to offer unlimited points potential. However, these offers are like bottomless brunch mimosas. You can earn unlimited points, but only within a limited period of time. With the Priority Rewards Card, on the other hand, you truly earn unlimited points because they never expire. All you have to do is make sure to use your credit card at least once in a 24-month period.
If your account becomes inactive for too long, you’ll lose all your points. That being said, you can rack up a lot of rewards points if you have a little patience and let your points accumulate. This rewards card also gives you flexibility when it comes time to redeem your points. You can choose to redeem points on the First Hawaiian Bank Rewards site for gift cards, merchandise, or travel. You can also opt to redeem your points for cash back.
With this card, your points have the same value regardless of how you redeem them. Each point is worth $0.01 (one cent). That’s not the case with some of First Hawaiian’s other cards that place more value on points when you redeem them for travel.
Another benefit of the First Hawaiian Bank Priority Rewards Credit Card is that you can transfer points between Priority accounts. And the accounts don’t need to be your own.
If you have a friend or relative who has a Priority Card from First Hawaiian, they can transfer some or all of their points to your account. The reverse also holds true. You can transfer your points to another account. This feature can let a group of people redeem points for huge prizes. Here’s an example. If a group of four friends each have Priority Rewards Cards, they can pool their points together and redeem them for a big vacation.
First Hawaiian Bank knows the true meaning of ohana. Ohana means family. And family means pulling your resources together to meet your goals…even the fun ones.
Should You Apply for the First Hawaiian Bank Priority Rewards Credit Card?
You should first understand that First Hawaiian Bank only really has a presence within the state of Hawaii. If you reside outside of the state, you may find it challenging to access some of this bank’s services. Even some of the gift cards available on the rewards site are for local businesses. If you do reside in Hawaii, this may be an attractive rewards card for you to have in the long term. You may earn the bare minimum amount of points on your purchases, but you do earn the same amount of points regardless of what you buy. Additionally, this credit card’s earning potential is truly unlimited. As long as you use your card, you can continue racking up points indefinitely. The fact that there is no annual fee sweetens the deal even more.