Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on August 6th, 2021
BMO Harris Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard®
- Regular Purchase APR 14.24%, 18.24%, 20.24% or 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.24%, 18.24%, 20.24% or 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Receive 2 points per $1 spent on eligible gas and grocery purchases, up to $2,500 in combined spend each calendar quarter; receive 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- 0% 12-month introductory APR on balance transfers made within 90 days of opening an account
- Earn 25,000 bonus points when you spend $2,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- 10% anniversary point bonus every year
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.24%, 18.24%, 20.24% or 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months on transfers made within 90 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.24%, 18.24%, 20.24% or 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The BMO Harris Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard® credit card is a solid option for those who wish to maximize the points they earn from gas and grocery purchases. Earn 2x points per $1 spent on gas and grocery purchases and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases; you’ll also enjoy a low introductory APR on purchases, an anniversary points bonus each year, and the opportunity to earn up to 25,000 bonus points when you spend $2,000 in the first three months of opening your account.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to receive compensation of up to 2x rewards points on gas and groceries
- Want flexibility when you redeem your rewards points
- Are looking for a card with no annual fees
- Would like to earn up to 25,000 points in the first three months of having your new card
BMO Harris Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard® Credit Card Review
Finding the right rewards credit card can be a daunting task; the BMO Harris Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard® credit card brings several introductory offers to the table that will make anyone looking for a great rewards card option very tempted. When transfers are completed within 90 days of account opening, you’ll get a 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 12 months from the date of first transfer.
When you spend $2,000 in the first three months of opening your account, you’ll earn 25,000 intro bonus points, as well as a special 10% anniversary point bonus every year. If you commute to work, or you have mouths to feed, you can earn 2x points per 1 spent each time you stop for gas or grab groceries up to $2,500 in combined spending each calendar quarter. You’ll receive 1 point per dollar on all other purchases, with no cap in the amount of base points that can be earned. There is no annual fee with your BMO Harris Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard® credit card, either.
With the BMO Harris Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard® credit card, redeeming your points is easy – you have the flexibility to redeem your rewards your way. BMO Harris Rewards℠ can be used towards travel on multiple airlines for any travel class with no blackout dates, or for hotels, cruises, vacation packages or other experiences. Looking for a gift for that special someone, or to treat yourself? Put your rewards points towards thousands of brand name merchandise items. Alternatively, you can redeem them for gift cards, eCertificates to your favorite retailers and restaurants, or even get cash back for a statement credit to apply to your BMO Harris Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard® – the choice is yours.
Should You Apply for the BMO Harris Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard®?
The BMO Harris Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard® offers 2X points on gas and groceries, which isn’t bad for no annual fee. The 2X on groceries is a particularly nice perk, as another similar card, the Discover It Chrome earns 2% back on gas and dining. The grocery category gives this card a unique twist that makes it an excellent addition to the weekly shopping spend – and the daily commute.