Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on March 25th, 2021
BMO Harris Bank Platinum Mastercard Credit Card
No Annual Fee
- Regular Purchase APR 11.99%, 13.99%, 16.99% or 18.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.99%, 13.99%, 16.99% or 18.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 0% introductory APR on purchases for 6 months from account opening date
- Make purchases with your smartphone using Apple Pay®, Google Pay™ and Samsung Pay™
- Mastercard cardholders get access to one-of-a-kind experiences in cities across the globe, hotel upgrades and other perks with Priceless® Cities
- Use your card at millions of locations worldwide, wherever Mastercard® credit cards are accepted
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.99%, 13.99%, 16.99% or 18.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 90 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.99%, 13.99%, 16.99% or 18.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: EIther $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Exclusive tableware and home d?cor items from porcelain - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Go on a guided truffle-hunting expedition in the Motovun Forest - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Embark on a journey through the city of the Iron Throne - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Discover Agra beyond the Taj Mahal on a virtual tour - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Play the Hidden Network of Private Courses - Offer Expires on December 31, 2022 - See Details
- Marvel at a celebrity stylist's star-studded fashion collection - Offer Expires on June 01, 2021 - See Details
- Embark on a virtual trip to the Banaras' ghats, Sarnath, and more - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Get a glimpse into India's history through the Gujarati thali - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
Please Note: This review is in the process of being updated by the BestCards team
At a Glance
With a 0% introductory APR on purchases for 6 months from account opening date and no annual fee, the BMO Harris Bank Platinum Mastercard® Credit Card is a great choice for someone who has good-to-excellent credit. In addition, you can take advantage of a generous introductory APR on balance transfers as well as the flexibility to make payments with your smartphone, manage your account online, and more.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Do not want to pay an annual fee
- Will make a balance transfer within 90 days from date of credit card account opening
- Want a card that will waive interest rates on purchases for the first six months
BMO Harris Bank Platinum Mastercard® Credit Card Review
The BMO Harris Bank Platinum Mastercard® credit card is a great example of an accessible, easy-to-use low APR credit card. Interest on purchases is waived for the first six months from opening your account, so you can make larger purchases without incurring excessive interest charges during that time. Additionally, when balance transfers are completed within 90 days of the date of account opening, you’ll also take advantage of an introductory 0% APR on balance transfers for fifteen months from the date of the first transfer.
While this credit card is no-frills and simple compared to some of the other card offerings from BMO Harris Bank, it does come with some of the great perks that are available in other cards. There is no annual fee, and with your BMO Harris Bank Platinum Mastercard® credit card you’ll have access to exclusive events and experiences via the Mastercard Priceless® Cities program – enjoy special shopping and dining benefits, hotel upgrades, access to the best shows and sporting events, and much more.
The BMO Harris Bank Platinum Mastercard® credit card also comes with great tools for monitoring your spending and your credit. You can save time by making digital payments with your smartphone, and you’ll have 24/7 access to your account with online account management. Mastercard is accepted at millions of locations, so you’ll be able to use it for purchases across the globe with the peace of mind that comes from knowing that you’re protected against identity theft and unauthorized purchases, damages to your rental vehicle, and price fluctuations. These benefits are available to anyone who opens an account.
Should You Apply for the BMO Harris Bank Platinum Mastercard®?
The BMO Harris Bank Platinum Mastercard® is a good example of a basic-yet-functional low APR credit card. The card might not excite like a rewards card, but that’s not what it is for. For those that want a no-nonsense credit card with a great rate and no annual fee, however, it does the job admirably.