Chase and Air Canada have officially launched the new Aeroplan® World Elite Mastercard®. The new card, which has been in the works for some time, seeks to help Canada’s largest carrier expand its reach into the U.S. market, thanks to impressive rewards for a modest annual fee. Here’s what you need to know about the new Aeroplan® World Elite Mastercard® from Chase:
Chase Launches New Air Canada Aeroplan Credit Card
The Chase Aeroplan® World Elite Mastercard® Credit Card has been live to applicants for four months now. The premium co-branded airline card with a $95 annual fee took over from Air Canada’s previous U.S. card offering the TD Aeroplan Visa Signature®.
The card is the product of long hours from Aeroplan, who sought to create a U.S. consumer card designed for Canadians living in the U.S., Star Alliance aficionados, and those that love Canada, love travel, and want to maximize their rewards – with Air Canada, Star Alliance, codeshare partners, and with Chase’s Ultimate Rewards.
Final Boarding on Two Impressive Welcome Offers
Chase is now alerting potential applicants that “final boarding” is taking place on the Aeroplan Mastercard’s impressive welcome bonuses. The card’s up to 100,000-point bonus offer will expire April 20, 2022. What’s the impressive welcome bonus? Well, it is actually two – totaling up to a huge 100,000 Aeroplan bonus points after spending $4,000 on the card within the first three months of account opening.
This offer takes the form of two 50,000-point vouchers. Account holders can use the entire voucher to pay for award flights or use the voucher to “top up” a more expensive fare – providing access to more luxurious itineraries. Keep in mind, however, that the vouchers are one-time-use-only. Use part of a voucher for a flight and expect to keep those extra miles? Sorry, that isn’t allowed.
The second introductory offer is access to Aeroplan 25K status after making $15,000 in annual spending on the card. Aeroplan 25K status typically requires a member to earn 25,000 SQM or 25 SQS. It offers priority check-in, boarding, and seat selection, as well as complimentary checked bag allowances and two free Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge passes.
Use Bonus Miles to See the World
To provide some inspiration to prospective applicants, Chase has offered some helpful redemption options using the 100,000 Aeroplan points:
- New York to Rome: For as little as 40,000 points, venture around the ancient ruins of the Pantheon and the Colosseum or take in the beauty of Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel. Upgrade to Business Class for only 30,000 more points to experience fine cuisine and lie-flat beds for added comfort.
- Chicago to Dubai: Leave from Chicago for 55,000 points and take advantage of all the luxury shopping Dubai has to offer or head to the top of the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa, for an unforgettable experience. Not ready to go home? Keep the travel going with a pitstop in Istanbul for as little as 5,000 points.
- Miami to Bogota: Book a last-minute business class flight from Miami to Bogota and get lost in the historic streets of La Candelaria or take in breathtaking views at the top of Monserrate for the cost of just one Flight Certificate (50,000 points) and have an extra certificate to spare or bring along a friend!
- Los Angeles to Honolulu: Fly Los Angeles to Honolulu for as little as 12,500 points. Swim through the crystal-clear waters of Waikiki beach or take a quick hike to check out the beautiful Manoa Waterfall.
About the Aeroplan® World Elite Mastercard®
With everyday use, the Chase Aeroplan Mastercard earns enhanced rewards in the following categories:
- 3X points for every dollar spent on dining, takeout, and eligible delivery services
- 3X points for every dollar spent at grocery stores
- 3X points for each dollar spent directly with Air Canada
All other purchases with the card earn 1X points per dollar spent. Additionally, cardholders can earn a bonus of 500 points for every $2,000 spent in a calendar month (up to a maximum of 1,500 points per calendar month).
Chase and Aeroplan also state that the card provides “unprecedented access to Aeroplan travel benefits,” and it’s easy to see why. The card offers the following Air Canada perks:
- Free first checked bags on Air Canada flights: one free checked bag for the primary cardmember and up to eight other travelers on the same itinerary
- Automatically receive Aeroplan 25K Elite Status for the remainder of the first calendar year, plus the following calendar year, allowing primary cardmembers to enjoy benefits such as priority check-in, early boarding, upgrades and more on Air Canada flights. Cardmembers can requalify as follows:
- Earn 25K Status through the next year after spending $15,000 in a calendar year
- Existing status holders earn a one-level status boost to 35K Status or higher for the next year after spending $50,000 in a calendar year
- Additional spend thresholds starting at $100,000 of spend in a calendar year will unlock unprecedented Aeroplan redemption benefits, including 50% off Priority Rewards and companion benefits
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Baggage Delay Insurance
- Trip Delay Reimbursement
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Roadside Assistance
“More Value the More it’s Used.”
“We set out to create something special for our U.S.-based Aeroplan members—a card that offers immediate benefits after signing up, and more value the more it’s used for purchases,” said Scott O’Leary, Vice President, Aeroplan at Air Canada, in a statement announcing the card’s launch in December. “The Chase Aeroplan Card, when paired with the newly transformed Aeroplan and our growing list of 45 airline partners, gives our U.S. members everything they need to travel more and travel better.”
“We designed the new Aeroplan Credit Card to provide cardmembers with incredible opportunities to earn points on everyday purchases that they can use toward travel all across the world,” said Greg Stranz, General Manager of Air Canada Co-Brand Cards at Chase. “We are excited about the rich value the Aeroplan program and new card offers as more Americans return to travel and plan for future international trips.”
For more information on the Aeroplan® World Elite Mastercard, check out our comprehensive review here.
Related Article: Citi Sears Mastercard Offers Transfers to JetBlue, Wyndham