Chase and Air Canada are relaunching one of the best welcome offers on the Aeroplan® World Elite Mastercard®. For a limited time, new Aeroplan cardmembers can earn up to 100,000 Aeroplan points within the first 12 months from opening an account – that’s enough miles to get you from NYC to Europe in business class. Here’s everything you need to know:
New 100,000 Bonus Points Welcome Offer
The Chase Aeroplan® Credit Card is a versatile airline rewards card for the Air Canada traveler. The card offers plenty of bang for your buck, with the $95 annual fee more than justified by the miles and perks included for that price – including benefits like no foreign transaction fees, a first checked bag free on Air Canada flights, priority boarding, and more. And now there is an enhanced welcome offer to match those everyday travel perks.
Effective yesterday, Thursday, August 10, new cardmembers applying for the Chase Aeroplan Card can earn up to 100,000 Aeroplan points within the first 12 months from becoming cardholders. The 100,000 point bonus breaks down as follows:
- Cardmembers can earn 75,000 Aeroplan points after spending $4,000 in the first three months.
- An additional 25,000 Aeroplan points can be earned after spending $20,000 total in the first 12 months from account opening.
And for even more flexibility, cardmembers can also take advantage of the Pay Yourself Back feature and redeem Aeroplan points for travel purchases made on their Aeroplan Card within 90 days. This new feature applies to everything from airfare (even flights operated by other airlines) and hotels to taxis and trains. This new welcome offer is worth up to $1,250 in travel value when using this benefit.
Use Bonus Miles to See the World
To provide some inspiration for prospective applicants, Chase has offered some helpful redemption examples using the 100,000 Aeroplan points:
- New York to Rome: For as little as 40,000 points, venture around the ancient ruins of the Pantheon and the Colosseum or take in the beauty of Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel. Upgrade to Business Class for only 30,000 more points to experience fine cuisine and lie-flat beds for added comfort.
- Chicago to Dubai: Leave Chicago for 55,000 points and take advantage of all the luxury shopping Dubai offers, or head to the top of the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa, for an unforgettable experience. Not ready to go home? Keep the travel going with a pitstop in Istanbul for as little as 5,000 points.
- Miami to Bogota: Book a last-minute business class flight from Miami to Bogota and get lost in the historic streets of La Candelaria or take in breathtaking views at the top of Monserrate for the cost of just one Flight Certificate (50,000 points) and have an extra certificate to spare or bring along a friend!
- Los Angeles to Honolulu: Fly Los Angeles to Honolulu for as little as 12,500 points. Swim through the crystal-clear waters of Waikiki Beach or quickly hike to check out the beautiful Manoa Waterfall.
About the Aeroplan® World Elite Mastercard®
With everyday use, the Chase Aeroplan Mastercard earns enhanced rewards in the following categories:
- 3X points for every dollar spent on dining, takeout, and eligible delivery services
- 3X points for every dollar spent at grocery stores
- 3X points for each dollar spent directly with Air Canada
All other purchases with the card earn 1X points per dollar spent. Additionally, cardholders can earn a bonus of 500 points for every $2,000 spent in a calendar month (up to a maximum of 1,500 points per calendar month).
Chase and Aeroplan also state that the card provides “unprecedented access to Aeroplan travel benefits,” and it’s easy to see why. The card offers the following Air Canada perks:
- Free first checked bags on Air Canada flights: one free checked bag for the primary cardmember and up to eight other travelers on the same itinerary.
- Automatically receive Aeroplan 25K Elite Status for the remainder of the first calendar year, plus the following calendar year, allowing primary cardmembers to enjoy benefits such as priority check-in, early boarding, upgrades, and more on Air Canada flights. Cardmembers can requalify as follows:
- Earn 25K Status through the next year after spending $15,000 in a calendar year.
- Existing status holders earn a one-level status boost to 35K Status or higher for the next year after spending $50,000 in a calendar year.
- Additional spending thresholds starting at $100,000 of spend in a calendar year will unlock unprecedented Aeroplan redemption benefits, including 50% off Priority Rewards and companion benefits.
The Aeroplan Credit Card also enjoys Mastercard World Elite benefits and protections, including:
|Zero Liability Protection
|Cell Phone Protection
|Mastercard Global Services
|ID Theft Protection
|Mastercard Travel Services
|Mastercard Hotel Stay Guarantee
|Hello Fresh Savings
Finally, cardmembers enjoy the other usual benefits you can expect from a versatile airline credit card, such as $100 in TSA PreCheck enrollment credits every four years, for instance.
Related Article: SKYPASS Credit Cards from Korean Air Get a Facelift
Featured image by Nel_Botha-NZ/PixaBay
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.