Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 9th, 2021
Union Bank Business Platinum™ Visa® Credit Card
Union Bank Business Platinum™ Visa® Credit Card
0% Intro APR on Purchases and Balance Transfers
- Regular Purchase APR 12.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 12.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 28.25% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- 0% introductory APR for 6 months from account opening date on purchases and balance transfers
- Low regular APR after introductory APR offer ends
- No annual fee
- Chip security and 24/7 online account access
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 28.25% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $35
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $35
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
A low-APR option for business owners, the Union Bank Business Platinum™ Visa® Credit Card offers the basics when it comes to funding a company on a day-to-day basis.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Own or operate a business
- Already bank with Union Bank
- Are looking for a business credit card with a low interest rate to help you cover regular and extraordinary expenses
- Have a large purchase planned that you’ll need to pay off over time
- Are thinking about transferring existing balances to save money on interest charges
Union Bank Business Platinum™ Visa® Credit Card Review
The Union Bank Business Platinum™ Visa® Credit Card is a no-frills business credit card. Its spotlight feature is an introductory 0% APR for six months on purchases and balance transfers. If you’re currently working to erase balances on other accounts, you could save a significant amount in interest charges by migrating those debts to this card. Even if you’re not able to completely pay off your transferred balance by the end of the promotional rate period, you’ll likely still come out winning with the Union Bank Business Platinum™ Visa® Credit Card’s regular purchase APR, which is lower than much of the competition’s.
Beyond its signup offer, the Union Bank Business Platinum™ Visa® Credit Card won’t offer you much in the way of perks. You do have access to useful tools like being able to set spending limits and alerts, as well as automatic payments and downloadable transaction history that can be integrated with your company’s accounting software.
As this is a simple credit card without many additional benefits, there is no annual fee to keep an account open. You will be charged other penalties when applicable, however, like late payments fees and foreign transaction fees. In addition, the promotional 0% APR grace period may be voided if you’re not careful. Missing due dates and going above your spending limits run you the risk of not only losing the 0% APR offer, but also being hit with a penalty APR.
If a low interest rate – and an even lower initial rate – is what you’re looking for in a business credit card, the Union Bank Business Platinum™ Visa® Credit Card will get the job done. If you’re looking for a card with more incentives, however, you’ll have to consider other options.