Last updated on February 23rd, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Rewards Visa® Power Card™
Rewards Visa® Power Card™
- 8.99%-17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 8.99%-17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 8.99%-17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 1.99% for 12 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Rewards Visa Power Card is a rewards card suitable for everyday use. The card earns a flat rate single point for every dollar spent on purchases, though new cardholders earn double points for the first 30 days after opening an account. New cardholders also earn an additional 1,500 bonus points when they activate and make the first use of their card. The Rewards Visa Power Card features a very competitive typical APR for purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- No annual fee
- Earn 1 point for every dollar spent
- Earn 1,500 points with first use of card
- Intro Purchase APR: 1.99% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 8.99%-17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 1.99% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 8.99%-17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 8.99%-17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $20
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- You already bank with Utilities Employees Credit Union
- You want a simple rewards card
- You want an exceptional APR that is tough to beat
- You do't want to pay an annual fee
Rewards Visa Power Card Review
The Rewards Visa Power Card is a rewards credit card that is a reliable option for everyday use. The card, offered by Utilities Employees Credit Union, gives cardholders a simple, flat rate of one UECU VantagePoint™ for every dollar spent on purchases. Rewards in the UECU VantagePoint™ program include cashback, gift cards, or discounts on loan rates. New cardholders also can take advantage of an introductory offer of 1,500 points when they activate their card and make the first purchase. Additionally, points within the initial 30 days of opening the account are doubled, meaning two points for every dollar spent.
New cardholders also receive a special introductory APR for the first 12 months on purchases and balance transfers of 1.99%, followed by a very competitive APR afterward. For those applicants with exceptional credit scores, they can expect typical APR of around 9% on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances, although the exact rate will vary depending on both creditworthiness and the current Prime Rate. The card also benefits from no additional fees for balance transfers, no cash advance fees, and no annual fees.
As with other Visa credit cards, the Rewards Visa® Power Card™ comes with a wealth of built-in perks, including access to Visa’s 24/7 Global Assistance travel hotline, comprehensive fraud and purchase protection, identity theft protection, travel accident insurance, and the global purchasing power that comes with any Visa product.
Should You Apply for the Rewards Visa Power Card?
The Rewards Visa Power Card from Utilities Employees Credit Union is a respectable reward credit card for those who already bank with the credit union. While one point per dollar spent isn’t spectacular, it likely will prove enough for members. If you aren’t already a member of the credit union, however, this card likely isn’t the reason to join. That’s not to say that Utilities Employees Credit Union isn’t worth joining – their customer service and products attract a loyal and dedicated following; it’s just that for non-members there are better rewards credit cards available from larger, national lenders.