Last updated on February 23rd, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Randolph-Brooks CashBack Rewards Mastercard
Randolph-Brooks CashBack Rewards Mastercard
- 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The Randolph-Brooks CashBack Rewards Mastercard is a cashback reward credit card from the Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union. The card offers a flat rate of 2% cashback on all purchases made with the card, as well as an exceptionally low typical APR of around 12% for those with excellent credit. The card also features no foreign transaction fees and 0% introductory APR on balance transfers and cash advances for the first 12 months after opening an account.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- No annual fee
- 0% introductory APR for the first 12 months after opening account
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn 2% cash back on all purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Up to 2% of the amount of each cash advance
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $24
- You live in either Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas, or San Antonio and are a member of the Randolph-Brookes FCU
- You want an exceptional APR
- You want to earn 2% cashback on all purchases
- You don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees
Randolph-Brooks CashBack Rewards Mastercard Review
The Randolph-Brooks CashBack Rewards Mastercard is a versatile cashback rewards card from Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union. The card, available to members of the credit union – which serves the four largest markets in Texas (Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas, and San Antonio) – offers 2% cashback on all purchases made with the card and a highly competitive purchase APR for those with excellent credit.
Credit union credit cards are a great way to save money and help the local community at the same time. The Randolph-Brooks CashBack Rewards Card is no different. The ability to earn 2% cashback on everything purchases with the card means account holders don’t have to struggle with complex cashback rewards programs – instead simply receiving a flat rate for everything they buy.
The addition of an exceptionally low APR is another reason why Texans should consider this card. For those with exceptional credit, they can expect an APR of around 12%, which is very difficult to beat. For those with less-than-stellar credit, the APR won’t be as low, but they too can expect a very competitive APR, with the range running from around 12% to 10%, depending on both creditworthiness and the Prime Rate. Cardholders also receive 0% introductory APR on both cash advances and balance transfers for the first 12 months after opening an account.
As with other credit cards from major issuers, the Randolph-Brooks CashBack Rewards Card also has a host of benefits of which members can take advantage. Cardholders can expect comprehensive 24/7 fraud monitoring and alerts, as well as no liability, should their card be subject to fraudulent activity. Users also benefit from $1,000,000 in travel accident insurance and no foreign transaction fees when using the card abroad.
Should You Apply for the Randolph-Brooks CashBack Rewards Card?
The Randolph-Brooks CashBack Rewards Mastercard is a decent cashback reward card that features no foreign transaction fees and a tantalizing 0% intro APR offer. The 2% back on all purchases is very competitive – and makes the card an excellent option for those who want to save while banking with their local credit union.