Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on May 12th, 2021
Pacific Service Visa Platinum Rewards
Pacific Service Visa Platinum Rewards
- Regular Purchase APR 7.5% to 12.5% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 7.5% to 12.5% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 7.5% to 12.5% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Low APR
- Regular Purchase APR: 7.5% to 12.5% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 7.5% to 12.5% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 7.5% to 12.5% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $10
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Pacific Service Visa Platinum Rewards Card is a versatile balance transfer, low APR rewards card from Pacific Service Credit Union. The card benefits from a very competitive typical APR on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances, as well as no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees, and no fees for cash advances or balance transfers. The card also earns one point per dollar spent on purchases – points which apply to rewards such as gift cards, travel, merchandise, cash back, and more.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Meet the membership requirements of Pacific Service Credit Union
- Want a versatile rewards card that also acts as a balance transfer card
- Don’t want the headache of hidden fees
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Pacific Service Visa Platinum Rewards Review
The Pacific Service Visa Platinum Rewards Card is a rewards credit card from California Bay Area credit union, Pacific Services Credit Union. Pacific Services is the financial arm of the Pacific Gas & Electric Company, and membership in the union is open to employees and retirees of the company, as well as immediate family – including spouses, grandparents, children, cousins, and siblings. Membership is also open to any employers or employees of public or private energy firms in both California or Texas, as well as those who live or work in the Bay Area counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Fresno, Marin, Napa, Placer, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, or Sonoma.
The Pacific Service Visa Platinum Rewards Card offers a basic and straightforward rewards program through the Scorecard Rewards program, with cardholders earning one point for every dollar spent on purchases. Rewards are applicable towards gift cards, merchandise from leading retail brands, travel and vacations, or even as cashback.
The Pacific Service Visa Platinum Rewards Card is an excellent choice not just because it earns rewards, however. The Pacific Service Visa Platinum Rewards card also benefits from an excellent, highly competitive APR on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances. For those with excellent credit, expect an APR of around 9.5% – well below many of the offerings of larger credit card lenders. While the actual APR may vary depending upon the creditworthiness of the applicant and the current Prime Rate, the competitive APR of the Pacific Service Visa Platinum Rewards Card makes it a solid choice for not only balance transfers but also financing larger item purchases.
Should You Apply for the Pacific Service Visa Platinum Rewards Card?
Overall, the Pacific Service Visa Platinum Rewards Card is an excellent choice for those who want an everyday credit card that works for them. The card has a great APR, meaning it can be a workhorse for those who prefer to carry a balance, as well as a no-frill rewards card that earns points for everyday purchases.