Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Nordstrom Visa® Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 19.65% to 26.65% w variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.65% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- 3X points per dollar spent at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, HauteLook and Trunk Club (if you have Ambassador or Icon status)
- 1X points on all other purchases where Visa® credit cards are accepted
- No foreign transaction fees
- Instant Influencer status in The Nordy Club
- Get Alterations Nordstrom Notes
- No annual fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 19.65% to 26.65% w variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 27.65% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $29
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Nordstrom Visa® Credit Card earns cardholders points redeemable for Nordstrom Notes to gain extra savings on purchases. The card features no annual fee and offers more than just a collection of rewards points. The Nordstrom Visa® Credit Card grants access to The Nordy Club Membership, where cardholders will start at the Influencer status and work their way up. Each membership status unlocks a long list of benefits for the Nordstrom frequent shopper to increase value for their spending loyalty.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently shop at Nordstrom stores and want to enjoy extra savings
- Already spend more than $500 yearly at Nordstrom stores for enhanced-value benefits
- Have a taste for fashion and tailored clothing with an interest in designer brands
Nordstrom Visa® Credit Card Review
The Nordstrom Visa® Credit Card is a retail card issued through TD Bank. It earns cardholders up to 3 points per dollar spent at Nordstrom stores, including online at Trunkclub.com. But the benefits don’t stop in stores. The card fully rewards one point per dollar everywhere else Visa® credit cards are accepted, creating it the ideal card for Nordstrom frequent shoppers seeking to earn rewards both in Nordstrom stores and out on daily purchases. Earn more when you shop with the Nordstrom Visa® Credit Card. Unlock exclusive perks, savings, and more.
Earn More When You Shop
When you use the Nordstrom Visa® Credit Card at Nordstrom stores and anywhere Visa is accepted, you’ll get rewarded. There are levels to the point earning, and there are also levels to unlocking membership status and benefits for The Nordy Club. Membership status is determined by how much you spend at Nordstrom stores. In other words, your status is defined by your “Net Purchase Balance” or NPB.
The Nordy Club Program Membership Status:
- Member (no minimum NPB)
- Influencer (minimum NPB of $500 at Nordstrom locations)
- Ambassador (minimum NPB of $5,000 at Nordstrom locations)
- Icon (minimum NPB of $15,000 at Nordstrom locations using a Nordstrom card)
Upon approval of the Nordstrom Visa® Credit Card, your program membership is officially Influencer Status. Influencer status earns you 2 points per dollar at Nordstrom locations and 1 point everywhere else Visa is accepted. If you’re a frequent Nordstrom shopper, earning 2 points on every dollar you spend in stores will get you savings in the long run. Additionally, the new cardmember exclusive will earn you a $40 Bonus Note if you use the new card the day you’re approved. If you strategize and make a small purchase, to begin with, the $40 Bonus Note creates additional value! How’s that for a bonus? But don’t worry, there will be more bonuses. From time to time, Nordstrom will offer the opportunity to earn Bonus Notes.
Personal Double Points Day
Want to double your points? Nordstrom Visa® Credit Cardholders can choose from three to four Personal Double Points days when they earn double the points for purchases made. Stack up your points for extra Nordstrom Notes with Personal Double Points Day. The number of days given depends on your membership status.
The more points you earn, the more Nordstrom Notes you get. For Influencer status cardholders, every 1,000 points you earn will equal a $10 Nordstrom Note, which you can then redeem by shopping at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, or Nordstrom Trunk Club. If we do the math, this means every $500 spent will earn a $10 Nordstrom Note for later use at Nordstrom Stores. Add that up with the $40 Bonus Note, and cardholders will be sure to have at least a $50 savings. If you’re a big Nordstrom store spender, then the Nordstrom Visa® Credit Card may be the way to go. Otherwise, a general cash back or points credit card could be a better option for you.
With the Ambassador and Icon status, cardholders will earn 3 points per dollar spent. Every 2,000 points earned will reward a $20 Nordstrom Note. Ambassador and Icon status members would have to purchase $667 worth of merchandise to gain a $20 savings. Add the $20 Nordstrom Note with the $40 bonus and save $60 total. Unfortunately, the points accumulated aren’t forever. After 12 consecutive months of no activity, the points will expire.
Card Member Exclusives
Credit cardholders earn exclusive benefits at the Influencer, Ambassador, and Icon levels. Be the first to get access to Nordstrom’s Anniversary sale. With early sale access, surely you will not miss out on sale items that may go out of stock. Get a hold of those shoes you’ve been eyeballing at a discounted price without fear of them running out.
The card member exclusives also include Alterations Nordstrom Notes. While all members receive complimentary basic alterations, cardmembers can choose to receive alteration benefits in the form of reimbursement through Notes. Your status determines the limit of the dollar amount for the Alteration Nordstrom Notes benefit. The Influencer status can get up to $200 in Alteration Notes, and Ambassador status gets up to $300. This feature gives the cardholder room for extra savings if they don’t plan on using the entirety of their alteration benefit. They can simply get reimbursed in the form of a Nordstrom Note and place it towards making a new purchase.
Furthermore, obtain free two-day shipping, plus get the $25 Nordstrom Trunk Club styling fee waived every time you use Nordstrom Trunk Club, A.K.A. a clothing subscription box that delivers personal styling, just for you.
- First to Shop Clear the Rack sale
- First to Shop Select Brands
- Lifestyle Workshops (Influencer Ambassador, Icon Status)
- Personal Double Points (Influencer Ambassador, Icon Status)
- Priority Access to Style Events (Influencer Ambassador, Icon Status)
- Nordstrom to You (In-Home Stylist) (Ambassador, Icon Status)
- Invite-Only Events (Ambassador, Icon Status)
- Icon Early Access to Anniversary Sale
- Unlimited Free Alterations (Icon Status)
- Dining and Spa Experience (Icon Status)
- Same-Day Delivery (Icon Status)
- Goodbye, Fees! (Icon Status)
- Nordstrom After-Hours (Icon Status)
- Icon-Only Events
- Icon Customer Care
Should You Apply for the Nordstrom Visa® Credit Card?
Overall, the Nordstrom Visa® Credit Card is made for Nordstrom lovers and high spenders. If Nordstrom is your go-to store, you’ll most likely reap the value and benefits of being a Nordstrom Visa® Credit Cardholder. The Nordstrom Visa® Credit Card earns you points when you shop, which you can then redeem for Nordstrom Notes and get extra savings at your favorite Nordstrom store. Enjoy the exclusive benefits like the free alteration reimbursements, early shopping access, workshops, events, and more. If these are the things of importance in your shopping experience and credit card needs, the Nordstrom Visa® Credit Card is made for you.