| Last updated on October 27th, 2023
Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards
Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards
- 11.74% to 17.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 11.74% to 17.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 20.74% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards is a combination of cash back rewards and balance transfer credit card from Ohio’s Kemba Financial Credit Union. The card features a low APR of around 10% variable, making it ideal for carrying a balance or financing more significant purchases, as well as the cash back earning potential of 1% cashback on every purchase. Cardholders also earn cashback on all balance transfers made within the first 90 days of opening an account.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- 1% cash back rewards on purchases or balance transfers in the first 90 days
- No annual fee
- Low APR
- No balance transfer fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.74% to 17.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.74% to 17.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 20.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 21.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $10
- Minimum Deposit Required: $500
- You already bank with Kemba Financial Credit Union or live in central Ohio
- You don’t want to pay an annual fee
- You want a great balance transfer card
- You want to earn 1% cashback on all purchases
Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards Review
The Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards is a rewards credit card with an exceptional APR from Kemba Financial Credit Union. The card earns a single point for every dollar spent on purchases, with points applicable towards cashback bonuses. For the first 90 days of opening an account, card members also receive 1% cashback on all balance transfers conducted during the first 90 days.
The Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards is excellent as a balance transfer card. This is true not only for the additional cashback bonus new accounts receive for making transfers within the first 90 days but also for the impressive savings members can receive over the life of their account. According to Kemba, members on average can save $1,900 when they transfer their existing store credit card balances to the Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards Card.
The 1% cashback on all purchases (one point for every dollar spent) is the icing on the cake that makes the Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards Card worthwhile. Since cashback rewards are payable one per year, the cashback benefits of the card are an anniversary present worth waiting for. Combined with no annual fee, the Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards is a balance transfer card that is also useful for everyday purchases.
Should You Apply for the Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards?
Kemba Financial Credit Union claims that their Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards Card is “one of the best credit cards in the country,” and with the excellent combination of cashback and a low APR, it is difficult to argue. The card offers an exceptional APR on purchases and balance transfers, plus a cash advance APR considerably lower than the national average. Add to that a decent rewards structure and you have the makings of an enticing credit card all Kemba members can be happy to keep in their wallets.
Browse other Current Kemba Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.