Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on May 11th, 2021
Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards
1% Cash Back Rewards
- Regular Purchase APR 7.99% to 13.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 7.99% to 13.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 16.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- 1% cash back rewards on purchases or balance transfers in the first 90 days
- No annual fee
- Low APR
- No balance transfer fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 7.99% to 13.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 7.99% to 13.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 16.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 21.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $10
- Minimum Deposit Required: $500
At a Glance
The Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards is a combination of cash back rewards and balance transfer credit card from Ohio’s Kemba Financial Credit Union. The card features a low APR of around 10% variable, making it ideal for carrying a balance or financing more significant purchases, as well as the cash back earning potential of 1% cashback on every purchase. Cardholders also earn cashback on all balance transfers made within the first 90 days of opening an account.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Already bank with Kemba Financial Credit Union or live in central Ohio
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Want a great balance transfer card
- Want to earn 1% cashback on all purchases
Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards Review
The Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards is a rewards credit card with an exceptional APR from Kemba Financial Credit Union. The card earns a single point for every dollar spent on purchases, with points applicable towards cashback bonuses. For the first 90 days of opening an account, card members also receive 1% cashback on all balance transfers conducted during the first 90 days.
The Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards is excellent as a balance transfer card. This is true not only for the additional cashback bonus new accounts receive for making transfers within the first 90 days but also for the impressive savings members can receive over the life of their account. According to Kemba, members on average can save $1,900 when they transfer their existing store credit card balances to the Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards Card.
The 1% cashback on all purchases (one point for every dollar spent) is the icing on the cake that makes the Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards Card worthwhile. Since cashback rewards are payable one per year, the cashback benefits of the card are an anniversary present worth waiting for. Combined with no annual fee, the Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards is a balance transfer card that is also useful for everyday purchases.
Should You Apply for the Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards?
Kemba Financial Credit Union claims that their Kemba Platinum Visa with Rewards Card is “one of the best credit cards in the country,” and with the excellent combination of cashback and a low APR, it is difficult to argue. The card offers an exceptional APR on purchases and balance transfers, plus a cash advance APR considerably lower than the national average. Add to that a decent rewards structure and you have the makings of an enticing credit card all Kemba members can be happy to keep in their wallets.