HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard® credit card
Earn 50,000 Rewards Program Bonus Points
- Regular Purchase APR 16.49% or 20.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 16.49% or 20.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 26.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $395; $65 per authorized user
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 3X points per dollar spent on new travel purchases, 2X points on dining, and 1X point on everything else
- Points earning is unlimited and points do not expire; earn statement credits for Uber, Lyft, and TSA Prev® enrollment
- Earn 50,000 Rewards Program Bonus Points - worth $750 in airfare - when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months of account opening using HSBC Rewards online to book
- Rewards Program Points are transferable with partner airlines; Complimentary ShopRunner membership
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.49% or 20.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.49% or 20.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 26.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 31.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $395; $65 per authorized user
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
At a Glance
The HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard® credit card ups the ante on earning rewards and competes with other high-end travel cards such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve® and the The Platinum Card® from American Express.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel often and/or make frequent use of car rental services
- Allocate most of your credit card expenses towards travel and dining
- Are looking to add a hefty boost to your HSBC Rewards Program points balance
- Want a high-end credit card that doesn’t skimp on additional perks and statement credits for your annual purchases
- Can offset the card’s sizable annual fee
HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard® Review
The HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard® will open your eyes wide with its 50,000 bonus point sign-up bonus, which you can attain after spending at least $4,000 within your first three months as a cardholder. It’s a steep asking price, but all those points are worth $750 if you redeem them through HSBC’s own rewards portal. If you already plan to make several hefty purchases after opening an account, then the sign-up bonus just becomes icing on the cake.
While you work to reach that $4,000 threshold – and continuing thereafter – you’ll earn 3 points per dollar spent on new travel purchases, 2 points when you dine out, and 1 point on everything else. That rewards structure is very generous, and points don’t expire while your account is open. When you’re ready to redeem your points, you can do so for flights, hotel reservations, or car rentals. If you opt for flight tickets, you can, as stated above, use the HSBC Rewards portal (which you should, as it gives you more value) or book directly with the airline; if you choose the latter option, HSBC will reimburse you the cost as a statement credit. In addition, there are no blackout dates or seat restrictions. And, if you’re joined to a partner airline’s frequent flyer program, you can transfer your points with no hassle.
These perks are available to you along with a bevy of other benefits: free lounge visits via Mastercard Airport Experiences provided by LoungeKey, annual credit reimbursements for travel incidentals, statement credits for Uber, Lyft, and TSA Preü enrollment, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi access, and robust travel insurance coverage. All of these bonuses carry a price, though: A $395 annual fee. While it’s not pocket change, it is less than what similar premium travel cards charge.
Should You Apply for the HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard®?
So if you’re a confident spender and constantly find yourself traveling from one location to another – be it for business or pleasure – consider adding the HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard® credit card to your arsenal.