Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on March 11th, 2021
Citizens Trust Bank VISA Prestige Elite Credit Card
Earn SCORECard Points with Every Purchase
- Regular Purchase APR 7.25% to 10.25% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 7.25% to 10.25% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 7.25% to 10.25% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn 1 point for every dollar spent on purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 7.25% to 10.25% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 7.25% to 10.25% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever greater
- Cash Advance APR: 7.25% to 10.25% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever greater
- Penalty APR: 25%
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $32
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: Up to $30
At a Glance
The Citizens Trust Bank Visa Prestige Elite Card offers rewards, a low APR, no foreign transaction fees, and no annual fee in one package. Offered by Atlanta-based Citizens Trust Bank, the card is a great option for those who have sued the bank to rebuild their credit – and want to enjoy the fruits of their labor every day.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have built-up their credit with other Citizens Trust Bank cards
- Want to earn rewards for every purchase – both at home and abroad
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Citizens Trust Bank VISA Prestige Elite Credit Card Review
As the high-end product in the Citizens Trust Bank collection of credit cards, the Citizens Trust Bank Visa Prestige Elite Card is a reliable option for those who want versatility but hate annual fees.
Perfect for Carrying a Balance
The Prestige Elite features an extremely competitive APR that applies for everything, including purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers. While the exact rate varies depending on the creditworthiness of the applicant, even those approved with a credit score in the high 600s can expect a typical rate that is around six percentage points lower than the national average APR of 17.3%.
For those with an excellent credit score, the news is even better. Those individuals can anticipate an everyday APR of around 9%, which is among the lowest rates in the nation.
No matter what rate cardholders receive, the prestige is an excellent option for those who either plan to carry a balance or want the benefit of a great rate in caser they need to finance a substantial or unexpected purchase down the line.
Earn Rewards with Every Purchase
One of the nice features of the Prestige Elite Card is the ability to earn points with every purchase in the SCORECard Rewards Program Every purchase with the card earns a single point per dollar spent, with points redeemable for a variety of rewards, including:
- Statement credits
- Merchandise from major retailers and designers
- Gift cards from a variety of major retailers
- Travel rewards, like flights, hotels, and car rentals
- Cash back
- Fuel discounts at participating gas stations
- Charitable donations
Other Features of the Prestige Elite Card
The Prestige Elite Visa lives up to it’s billing as the best option available from Citizens Trust, as it not only offers rewards with every purchase and a great, low APR, but it also boasts the same no foreign transaction fees you’ll find with other credit cards from the bank.
What makes the lack of foreign transaction fees such a great benefit for this card, however, is the ability to earn points. Earning points without the worry of having to pay foreign transaction fees make this card a quality purchasing tool anywhere in the world. Sure, the points on offer aren’t comparable to other rewards credit cards, such as the Chase Freedom, but for current customers of Citizens Trust, it’s a solid value that can’t be overlooked.
Should You Apply for the Citizens Trust Bank VISA Prestige Card?
The Citizens Trust Bank Visa Prestige Elite Card is a great option for those who already bank with Citizens Trust – and even for those new to the bank altogether.
The bank’s other two card products, the Visa Privilege and Visa Classic-Secured, are credit-building cards that help cardholders make the jump from poor credit and a secured card, to fair credit and an unsecured Visa, and finally to the rewards-earning potential of the Prestige Elite.
For those individuals, Being able to earn points for every dollar they spend on purchases worldwide is nothing to scoff at – especially for no annual fee. Earning points with purchases matches an extremely competitive APR, which makes this card a versatile tool that is as equally at home with everyday spending as it is with carrying a balance or financing an unexpected or large purchase.
Sure, there may be more appealing rewards cards out there from major lenders, but that’s not what the Prestige Card is about. This card is about rewarding those that have put in the groundwork needed for great credit – and for those individuals, this is a prestigious card indeed.