The OpenSky Secured Visa is one of the most popular secured credit cards for those looking to improve their credit score. The card recently made an appearance on Designing Spaces, Lifetime’s award-winning home improvement show.
Linnea Kronmiller, OpenSky’s senior vice president, discussed the difficulties many Americans face when trying to rebuild their credit – or establish a credit history for the first time. Speaking with Designing Spaces host, Olga Villaverde, Kronmiller explained the secured credit card process – including the remarkable results consumers can experience in as little as one month.
Secured Cards Offer a DIY Approach to Credit Repair
Repairing credit and home improvement may seem like two completely different topics, but they share significant similarities. Like restoring an outdated home to reclaim its inner beauty, secured cards help those with a damaged credit give their personal finances a makeover and a new lease on their future.
Secured cards work by placing a security deposit, which is equal to the initial credit limit. If you deposit $200, for example, your credit limit will be $200. Once an account is open, you simply use your secured card anywhere that payment network is accepted worldwide. In the case of the OpenSky, that means the Visa Network – the largest payment network in the world.
What Makes the OpenSky Secured Visa Such a Great Option for Repairing Credit?
While many American consumers haven’t heard of secured credit cards, they play a crucial role in helping to boost bad credit. Among those cards, the OpenSky continues to receive acclaim by reducing the roadblocks people face when attempting to repair their credit.
What makes the OpenSky such a popular option? Here are a few of its most notable features:
- No Credit Check: Capital Bank, which issues the OpenSky Visa, does not do a hard pull on your credit report when you apply. This means being approved for the OpenSky Visa won’t dent your credit score.
- Quick, Simple Application: Applying for the OpenSky card takes a few minutes. The process is straightforward and easy, meaning you can apply for the card and get a decision almost instantly.
- Regular Credit Reporting: Like other secured cards, OpenSky reports to the major credit bureaus every month. Make your payments on time and keep your credit use low, and your score can jump by 30 points or more in a matter of months.
- Free Credit Repair Resources: OpenSky provides cardholders with an extensive collection of credit repair and credit knowledge information. It also offers a selection of inspirational stories to help boost morale – and confidence – for those with imperfect credit.
- Build credit with on-time payments
- Reports to the three leading credit bureaus
- Credit limist between $200 and $3,000
- Visa benefits and protections
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.39% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 17.39% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $6 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- Annual Fee: $35
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Minimum Deposit Required: $200
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The London Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Barcelona Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Bangkok Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
About Designing Spaces
Designing Spaces is an award-winning home improvement show on the Lifetime Network. The show, which began in 2005, features innovative décor designs, DIY projects, and transformations that inspire families to tackle their home improvement challenges.
Related Article: 7 Reasons Why You Should Consider Getting the OpenSky Secured Visa