Last updated on May 10th, 2021
What Are Disney Rewards?For nearly a century, The Walt Disney Company has been stimulating our imaginations using the magic of storytelling and animation. As time passes, Disney’s signature characters continue to hold a special place in our hearts. A playground for children and adults alike, Disney’s vacation destinations will tickle your fancy as you meet memorable characters and pose for photos, explore Disney-themed rides and hands-on activities, and enjoy movie-themed action parks, food, and vacation resorts. Dining, attractions, entertainment, and shopping – Disney has it all – and you can use Disney Rewards to help make a dream vacation a reality. The Disney Rewards program is a no-frills loyalty rewards program targeted primarily for those who love the House of Mouse. Unlike other hotel rewards programs, there are no membership tiers here; members can create a free account to manage their rewards, check their Rewards Dollars balance, request a Redemption Card, transfer rewards to a Redemption Card, and more.
How Do You Earn Disney Rewards?Disney Rewards Dollars are earned by making purchases using Disney’s two co-branded Visa® cards, issued by Chase Bank:
- Disney® Premier Visa® Card: Premier cardmembers can earn 2% in Rewards Dollars for every $1 spent on all card purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, and most Disney locations. This adds up to two Rewards Dollars for every $100 you spend, and an additional 1% on all other card purchases, so you can use everyday spending to fund your next vacation.
- Disney® Visa® Card: Cardholders will earn 1% in Disney Rewards Dollars for all everyday purchases made with their Disney Visa card. This adds up to 1 Disney Rewards Dollar for every $100 spent on everyday expenses.
How to Redeem Rewards DollarsEach time you make a transaction with your card, you’ll earn Rewards Dollars, which hold the same value as $1 when they’re redeemed directly with Disney-branded properties. Use Rewards Dollars to purchase things like:
- Theme park tickets at Walt Disney World® and Disneyland®
- Costumes, toys, and games from the Disney Store
- Hotel stays at Disney Resorts
- Dining, shopping, and entertainment options at Disney theme parks, Disney Springs®, Downtown Disney® District, Disney Cruise Line, and more
- Disney Cruise Line vacation packages
- Movie tickets to see the latest Disney and Star Wars movies at AMC Theatres
- Airline travel (this benefit is only available to Disney Premier Visa cardholders. Use the card to purchase airfare and pay yourself back by redeeming your Rewards Dollars on your monthly statement)