- Choose the Upgrade card with a personal credit line instead of a credit card and enjoy predictable payments on lines from $500-$20,000
- No Fees – No annual fees and no fees to use your card
- Quick and easy application – find out if you qualify in minutes
- Checking your line won’t hurt your credit score
- Free access to credit monitoring, alerts and features to help you understand your credit
- Use wherever Visa is accepted. (cannot be used at an ATM)
- Regular Purchase APR: 6.99%-29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Spoil your pup with a FREE upgrade to BarkBox. - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on all Afternoon Tea orders - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on The Berlin Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
Sutton Bank Credit Cards
Sutton Bank is an Ohio-based bank that traces its roots back to 1878. Located in Northern Ohio, between Toledo, Cleveland, and Columbus, Sutton offers a wide variety of banking services and products to its customers, including credit cards. This selection includes the popular Upgrade Card, which the bank issues for Upgrade.
What Is the Upgrade Card?
The Upgrade Card is a unique credit card product issued through Sutton Bank. The card is a combination of a credit card and a personal loan. This distinctive quality makes the Upgrade a flexible option for those who want to consolidate their existing debts and pay them down – fast.
How Does Upgrade Work?
The Upgrade CCard from Sutton Bank works by providing a credit line of up to $20,000. That line can then be used to transfer to existing accounts to pay off the balance. Once paid off, the cardholder then simply needs to make their monthly payment and follow their repayment plan of 12, 24, 36, or 60 months. That’s it.
Additionally, the Upgrade is a full-fledged Visa credit card. This means cardholders can also use it to make purchases anywhere Visa is accepted – currently over 93 million locations worldwide!
How Does The Upgrade Card Compare with a Balance Transfer Card?
The Upgrade Card isn’t a balance transfer credit card. Instead, it is a hybrid credit card more akin to a debt consolidation product.
Balance transfer credit cards provide a low APR and an introductory rate. These special rates are usually 0% intro APR of up to 21 months. Typically, however, this intro APR period is around 12 months. While an interest-free introductory period is excellent, once that zero-interest phase ends, balance transfer cards often feature interest rates around 14%.
The Upgrade Card, on the other hand, features a typically APR starting as low as 6.99%. This rate is 8% lower than the average balance transfer credit card, meaning Upgrade Cardholders can pay down balances faster than with a balance transfer card. This, in turn, saves them money.
No Fees – Period
The Upgrade Card is also distinct from other types of credit cards in that it has no hidden fees of any kind. There are no foreign transaction fees, no annual fees, no late fees, and no penalty fees. The card also lacks a penalty APR.
How Much Money Can You Save with the Upgrade Card?
How much money can you save? Versus a traditional credit card, Upgrade Card users save over $14,000 in interest payments on a $10,000 credit card balance. Additionally, Upgrade holders paid off that same $10,000 balance in just two years – by only making the minimum monthly payment. In comparison, traditional credit cardholders needed 28 years to pay down the same balance, only paying the minimum each month.
Looking for the Top Credit Cards of 2020?
Finding your perfect credit card is tough. That’s why we’re here. At BestCards.com, we’ve amassed over 800 credit card reviews to date, covering issuers, both large and small. We offer impartial and insightful analysis to help you find what you want. Browse our thorough reviews. Read our extensive credit card news and advice, and find your best card today.