- Earn 1.5% unlimited cash back on card purchases every time you make a payment
- Combine the flexibility of a card with the low cost and predictability of a loan
- $0 fees - $0 annual fee, $0 activation fees, $0 maintenance fees
- No touch payments with contactless technology built in
- See if you qualify in minutes without hurting your credit score
- Great for large purchases with predictable payments you can budget for
- Regular Purchase APR: 8.99%-29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in Brooklyn - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in New York - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in West Hollywood - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
Sutton Bank Credit Cards
Sutton Bank is an Ohio-based bank that traces its roots back to 1878. Located in Northern Ohio, between Toledo, Cleveland, and Columbus, Sutton offers a wide variety of banking services and products to its customers, including credit cards. This selection includes the popular Upgrade Card, which the bank issues for Upgrade.
What Is the Upgrade Card?
The Upgrade Visa® Card with Cash Rewards is a unique credit card product issued through Sutton Bank. The card is a combination of a credit card and a personal loan. This distinctive quality makes the Upgrade a flexible option for those who want to consolidate their existing debts and pay them down fast. In addition, the Upgrade Card allows customers to earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on purchases after they make a payment on their billing statement. This gives the card a great deal of flexibility and versatility.
How Does Upgrade Work?
The Upgrade Card from Sutton Bank works by providing a credit line of up to $20,000. That line can then be used to transfer to existing accounts to pay off the balance. Once paid off, the cardholder then simply needs to make their monthly payment and follow their repayment plan of 12, 24, 36, or 60 months. That’s it.
Additionally, the Upgrade is a full-fledged Visa credit card. This means cardholders can also use it to make purchases anywhere Visa is accepted – currently over 93 million locations worldwide!
How Does The Upgrade Card Compare with a Balance Transfer Card?
The Upgrade Card isn’t a balance transfer credit card. Instead, it is a hybrid credit card more akin to a debt consolidation product.
Balance transfer credit cards provide a low APR and an introductory rate. These special rates are usually 0% intro APR of up to 21 months. Typically, however, this intro APR period is around 12 months. While an interest-free introductory period is excellent, once that zero-interest phase ends, balance transfer cards often feature interest rates around 14%.
The Upgrade Card, on the other hand, features a typically APR starting as low as 8.99%. This rate is about 8% lower than the average balance transfer credit card, meaning Upgrade cardholders can pay down balances faster than with a balance transfer card. This, in turn, saves them money.
No Fees – Period
The Upgrade Card is also distinct from other types of credit cards in that it has no hidden fees of any kind. There are no foreign transaction fees, no annual fees, no late fees, and no penalty fees. The card also lacks a penalty APR.
How Much Money Can You Save with the Upgrade Card?
How much money can you save? Versus a traditional credit card, Upgrade Card users save over $14,000 in interest payments on a $10,000 credit card balance. Additionally, Upgrade holders paid off that same $10,000 balance in just two years – by only making the minimum monthly payment. In comparison, traditional credit cardholders needed 28 years to pay down the same balance, only paying the minimum each month.
Looking for the Top Credit Cards of 2020?
Finding your perfect credit card is tough. That’s why we’re here. At BestCards.com, we’ve amassed over 800 credit card reviews to date, covering issuers, both large and small. We offer impartial and insightful analysis to help you find what you want. Browse our thorough reviews. Read our extensive credit card news and advice, and find your best card today.