Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
- No annual fee
- Earn 5% back online and in stores across seven brands
- Earn 4% back at grocery stores and restaurants (excludes fast food)
- Earn 1% Back on all other purchases
- 10% back across seven brands for your first 30 days from account opening.
- Special 12-month promotional financing on purchases of $750 or more
- Free standard shipping at Williams Sonoma brands
- Regular Purchase APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts to your account at a promotional APR that we may offer you. None for balances transferred at the Transfer APR.
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The West Elm Key Rewards Visa offers up to 5% cash back rewards with seven brands in the Williams Sonoma portfolio – including West Elm. The card also earns 4% back on dining and groceries, with rewards taking the form of $20 certificates.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently shop at West Elm stores or any other Williams Sonoma brand
- Want a versatile retail card that also earns rewards on groceries and dining
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee and have an excellent credit score
The West Elm Key Rewards Visa Review
The West Elm Key Rewards Visa is a co-branded retail and cash back rewards credit card that unlocks savings at West Elm shops and the six other brands in the Williams Sonoma portfolio of companies. The card offers up to 5% back on select purchases, exclusive discounts, special financing, and more with Williams Sonoma brands. And a special double cash back welcome bonus for new account holders.
How to Earn Rewards
The West Elm Visa offers enhanced cash back rewards with the seven brands that make up the Williams Sonoma family of brands. Beyond West Elm stores, the card earns 5% back rewards on purchases at the following retailers, both online and in-store:
- Pottery Barn
- Pottery Barn Kids
- Pottery Barn Teens
- Mark & Graham
- Williams Sonoma
- Williams Sonoma Home
New accounts also enjoy a special introductory bonus of 10% back across seven brands for their first 30 days from account opening. This bonus is 2X the standard rate with the card– but only for the first month, so new cardholders must act fast to maximize their savings. Still, those planning a large purchase from a Williams Sonoma brand store can enjoy significant savings.
The West Elm card earns 4% cash back on groceries and dining purchases, with all other purchases earning a base rate of 1% back. Keep in mind that the 4% back on dining does not include fast food but does include food delivery services. Groceries purchased at station or convenience store purchases or groceries purchased from large box stores like Walmart or Target do not qualify for 4% back – instead earning 1% cash back.
How to Redeem Cash Back Rewards with the Key Rewards Visa Signature
The only redemption option for the cash back the West Elm Key Rewards Visa earns is a reward certificate, redeemable in denominations of $20. Every $20 of Rewards cardholders earn will receive a $20 rewards certificate following 30 days. These rewards are sent automatically and apply only to future purchases with the card or member account at all Williams-Sonoma brands
Special West Elm and Williams Sonoma Benefits and Savings
The West Elm Key Rewards Card also comes with a suite of special perks for cardholders, including special promotional financing. Cardholders enjoy 12-month promotional financing on $750 or more purchases with the seven brands in the Williams Sonoma portfolio. However, any purchases that are made using the promotional financing option do not earn cash back rewards – something to keep in mind.
Cardholders also enjoy free standard shipping on West Elm and Williams Sonoma purchases and receive a $25 birthday reward via email on their birthday. Other notable West Elm benefits include:
- Early access to promotions
- Sneak peeks of new collections
- Cross-brand design services with Design Crew, including a free consultation with design experts
Competitive Interest Rates
Retail credit cards tend to have higher interest rates than other rewards credit cards – and the West Elm Key Rewards Visa follows this pattern. The card features an APR of around 25% for purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances 0 variable based on the Prime Rate. While 25% seems high, that rate is in line with the average APR for retail credit cards – currently just under 25.5%.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the card include:
- No annual fee
- Visa Zero Fraud Liability
- Visa Signature Concierge
- Roadside Dispatch
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Cardholder Inquiry Services
Should You Apply for the West Elm Key Rewards Visa Signature Card?
Overall, the West Elm Key Rewards Visa Signature Card hits many of the right notes. The card offers 5% back at West Elm, Pottery Barn, and other stores under the Williams Sonoma umbrella – and that 5% jumps to 10% back for the first 30 days.
On top of that, the card earns a juicy 4% back on dining and groceries. While that 4% back doesn’t include takeaway, the addition of delivery services sidesteps this problem, making it possible to get your Big Mac or Whopper and still save 4%.
Ultimately, like all Key Rewards Visa Signature, the West Elm Key Rewards Visa credit cards provide generous rewards for brand-loyal customers. Add to that no annual fee, and you have a quality retail credit card worth considering.