Vectra Bank AmaZing Rewards Credit Card
Earn 3X Points On Every Dollar Spent for the Fist 90 Days
- Regular Purchase APR 12.74% to 19.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 12.74% to 19.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 21.74% to 23.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for the first 6 months
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- 1X points on all pucrhases
- Unlimited earning with no cap
- 05 intro APR on balance transfers and purchases
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for the first 6 months
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.74% to 19.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for the first 12 months
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.74% to 19.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transaction, but not less than $10
- Cash Advance APR: 21.74% to 23.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transaction, but not less than $10
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the U.S dollar amount of each transaction
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
At a Glance
The AmaZing Rewards Card from Vectra Bank earns 3X points on purchases for the first three months, and 1X points after that. Other features include a great APR on purchases and balance transfers, plus special APR periods: 0% for the first six months on purchases and 0% for 12 months on balance transfers – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a flat-rate rewards card that offers valuable bonuses in Colorado
- Plans to pay off existing balances within the first year
- Doesn’t want to pay an annual fee
Vectra Bank AmaZing Rewards Credit Card Review
The Vectra Bank AmaZing Rewards Card is a no annual fee rewards credit card that also benefits from 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers.
3X Points on Purchases for Three Months
The Vectra AmaZing Rewards Card earns a hearty 3X points on all purchases for the first 90 days. Once the initial 90-day period expires, the card earns a single point on every dollar spent on purchases, with no limit on the total amount holders can earn. While 1X points aren’t great, the fact that every dollar spent receives 1X back is at least a boost over other cards that only points on eligible purchases and nothing for every other purchase.
Yearly Points Bonus
Although the points earning potential of the AmaZing Card isn’t great, Vectra does offer cardholders the chance at up to 25% more points via their Annual Rewards Bonus program. This program is also available to AmaZing Cash Cardholders and provides a little extra to increase the potential of this rewards card.
Points bonuses earned through the program directly relate to how many points a cardholder earns during the calendar year, and not the total amount spent on purchases. This points bonus can range from 25% at the maximum to 0% at the minimum, and breaks down into six tiers, all of which offer a different amount of points back.
How to Redeem Points
The AmaZing Rewards Program is the rewards program of all the banks under the Zions Bancorp umbrella. Points have an official value of $0.01 per point, which is the rate at which points can be redeemed for statement credits. As with other loyalty programs, however, the precise value of points depends on the cash equivalent of a reward when redeeming points. Points are also applicable towards redemptions on the AmaZing Rewards portal, with a minimum of 2,500 points needed to redeem.
While the Rewards Card sounds nearly identical to the AmaZing Cash Card, the rewards programs are not the same, nor can rewards in one be combined with rewards in another. Additionally, statement credits cannot be used to pay existing account balances, making cash back redemptions the least valuable. There is no expiration of AmaZing rewards points as long as an account is active.
AmaZing Deals Access
All Vectra Visa Cardholders have access to Vectra AmaZing Deals, which allows them to present their phone at participating Colorado retailers when shopping to receive additional cash back. All members need to do is download the Vectra banking app, login to their account, and show the coupon at participating stores.
While cash back isn’t the same as reward points, it is one of the many ways in which AmaZing Rewards can be redeemed and offers some additional value for the card. And, since the card only earns 1X points on purchases, it needs all the help it can get.
0% Intro APR
Like other Vectra Bank credit cards, the AmaZing Rewards Card offers a better APR on purchases and balance transfers than other similarly positioned cards from major issuers. This is further boosted by the same 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 12 months and 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months as both the Cash Back Card and the Low Rate Card.
Should You Apply for the Vectra Bank AmaZing Rewards Card?
Overall, the AmaZing Rewards Card is a rewards credit card that serves Colorado residents well but struggles outside of its Rocky Mountain base. Triple points for 90 days quickly give way to single points, which is frustrating, but these frustrations are tempered by the Vectra annual bonus and the addition of the AmaZing Deals coupon service.
The coupon app, however, is only useful in Colorado with select retailers, meaning it doesn’t provide that much-needed value to those who venture further afield. This let down is made worse by the 3% foreign transaction fee, making it a difficult sell to endorse the card as something to use abroad.
Ultimately, it is a decent rewards credit card with an excellent introductory interest rate on balance transfers and purchases and no annual fee. If you plan on using this card at home or down the street, you’ll find a reliable, everyday tool to save money. If, however, you want something more robust and suited for the wider world, look elsewhere.