| Last updated on November 17th, 2023
Union Bank Platinum™ Visa® Credit Card
Union Bank Platinum™ Visa® Credit Card
- 12.24% to 23.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 12.24% to 23.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.00% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 15 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months after opening an account
- Low regular APR after promotional rate ends
- No annual fee
- Access your FICO® Score at no extra cost
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.24% to 23.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.24% to 23.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: $0 Introductory fee for transfers completed within 60 days of account opening. Afterthat, either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.00% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
At a Glance
A solid option for those who want a straightforward credit card with a lengthy 0% APR introductory period for purchases and balance transfers, and a low regular rate thereafter.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are new to credit cards or are trying to improve poor credit
- Have very simple credit needs and don’t mind a non-rewards card
- Are looking to make a big purchase that you’ll need to pay off over time
- Are trying to get out of credit card debt and need a longer-than-average balance transfer period
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Union Bank Platinum™ Visa® Credit Card Review
If you’ve previously held a secured or student credit card and have sufficiently built up your credit history, the Union Bank Platinum Visa® Credit Card serves as an introduction to the world of unsecured credit cards. The card is simple and straightforward, great for those still developing responsible credit card habits.
While it doesn’t include a rewards program or a signup bonus, there is no annual fee and an appealing introductory 0% APR grace period and balance transfer offer – useful if you’ve acquired outstanding credit card debt and need some assistance paying it off.
The primary benefit of the card is the introductory period it offers. Both Purchases and balance transfers have 0% APR for 15 months from the date that the account is opened. There are additional benefits for balance transfers as cardholders that migrate existing card debt from other accounts to pay it off without the sting of a balance transfer fee (which otherwise is 3%). Balance transfers must be made within 60 days of the account opening to take advantage of this offer.
Low APR Everyday
If you’re unable to pay your balance in full by the time the promotional APR window ends, chances are the Union Bank Platinum Visa® Credit Card’s low regular rate will still be lower than most other credit cards in the market, so you’d still be coming out on top.
Other features you’ll find in the Union Bank Platinum Visa® Credit Card are digital wallet compatibility – good for expediting transactions – and complimentary access to your FICO® Score. The latter is particularly useful if you want to keep a closer eye on your score and how frequently it fluctuates.
Should You Apply for the Union Bank Platinum™ Visa® Credit Card?
It’s a no-frills card with no annual fee to worry about – but that doesn’t mean it’s suitable for everyone. You’ll need to be wary of foreign transaction, late payment, and returned payment fees – so steer clear of this card if you’re looking for a credit option when traveling abroad. Fortunately, there is no penalty APR, so you won’t have to worry about your rate jumping up in the instance that you miss a payment.
This card is ideal for those looking to play it safe (or are working on recovering their credit score). It may not have the flashy rewards that other credit cards tout, but the upside is that there’s little temptation to spend beyond your means. The limited perks that it does offer are more practical than anything and will benefit those who are hesitant to take on the high APRs of rewards cards.
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.