Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 9th, 2021
Union Bank Business Preferred™ Rewards Visa® Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 12.24% to 21.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 12.24% to 21.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent, up to $25,000 annually, on business expense net purchases
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent, up to $25,000 annually, on gas station and restaurant net purchases
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- 0% introductory APR on purchases for 6 months after opening an account
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.24% to 21.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.24% to 21.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $35
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $35
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Union Bank Business Preferred™ Rewards Visa® Credit Card earns ample points on popular spending categories and offers an introductory 0% APR period on purchases for customers to take advantage of.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Own or operate a business
- Want a credit card that can both help you propel your business and earn you rewards
- Are looking to make a big purchase that can benefit from 0% interest for six months
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Make frequent purchases on office supplies, utility bills, and telecommunications services
- Often dine out or fill up at gas stations
Union Bank Business Preferred™ Rewards Visa® Credit Card Review
As the rewards-friendly option in Union Bank’s business credit card family, the Union Bank Business Preferred™ Rewards Visa® Credit Card best serves those who can spend plenty for their company and get plenty in return. The category that will earn most points is common recurring expenses, and it includes office supplies, utility bills, and telecommunications services. These purchases will earn five points per $1, up to a maximum of $25,000 spent per year. After that, every dollar earns one point. For proprietors who constantly dine out or commute, restaurant and gas station transactions earn two points per $1 (also with a cap of $25,000). All other net purchases earn one point per dollar with no cap.
During your first three months as a cardmember, you’ll have the opportunity to earn 10,000 bonus points if you can spend at least $5,000. This signup bonus, coupled with the potential to earn up to 5 points per $1 on everyday purchases, can quickly add big numbers to your points bank. And while $5,000 isn’t exactly pocket change, it’s a feasible challenge if your business has plenty of overhead.
In addition to its rewards program structure, the Union Bank Business Preferred™ Rewards Visa® Credit Card includes an introductory grace period of six months at 0% APR. If you’re looking for a credit card to fund your business, and you’ve got a sizable purchase on the horizon, you may want to put this card on your shortlist. Granted, there are other business cards with longer introductory 0% APR periods, but this is still a worthwhile perk considering the card also includes a robust rewards program.