Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Union Bank Bank Freely™ Rewards Visa® Credit Card
Earn a $100 Cash Back Bonus
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.25% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 1.5% unlimited cash back for every $1 spent
- 25% reward bonus when you redeem into your Union Bank checking or savings account
- 50% reward bonus when you redeem as a principal reduction payment to your Union Bank mortgage
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months from account opening date
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.25% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ – Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 – See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry – Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 – See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels – Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 – See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase at Harry & David – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Troon® Golf for Visa Infinite – Offer Expires on January 26, 2022 – See Details
- Sonoma Wine Tastings 2:1 Offer with a Visa Signature or Visa Infinite Card – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a Glance
With an unlimited 1.5% cash back earning rate and a modest signup bonus, the Bank Freely™ Rewards Visa from Union Bank competes with similar products from larger issuers.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are a Union Bank customer with a banking account or a mortgage
- Are looking for a cash back rewards program that goes beyond the 1% earning rate
- Want to transfer existing debt and pay it off with no interest charges
- Are looking to make a substantial purchase that you can pay down over time without interest charges
- Want a credit card with no annual fee
Union Bank Bank Freely™ Rewards Visa® Credit Card Review
The Bank Freely™ Rewards Visa credit card puts itself ahead of the cash back par by giving you 1.5% per $1 in return on any purchase. Since there are no restrictions or rotating categories, you’re free to earn more than the value of what you’re paying wherever you like. In addition, the card offers a welcome bonus of $100 if you spend at least $1,000 within three months of opening an account. Plus, your cash back gets a boost if you already do additional banking with Union Bank. When you redeem your rewards in the form of a deposit to a checking or savings account, you’ll get a 25% bonus, and if you have a Union Bank mortgage, you’ll get a 50% bonus when you redeem towards a payment to reduce your loan’s principal.
The Union Bank Bank Freely Rewards Visa® Credit Card is also worth considering for those who are eyeing a substantial purchase in the near future, as well as individuals who want to consolidate existing credit card debt. Upon becoming a cardmember, you’re entitled to a 0% APR period of 12 months on purchases and balance transfers. Note that you must make on-time payments and stay within your credit limit in order to keep this rate.
Other notable perks that come with the Bank Freely™ Rewards Visa are complimentary access to your FICO® Score and digital wallet compatibility. With the former, you can track changes in your score as you use your card, while the latter can save you time when making purchases both online and in-store.
Should You Apply for the Union Bank Bank Freely™ Rewards Visa® Credit Card?
With its cash back program and the intro 0% APR offer, the Bank Freely™ Rewards Visa can hold its own against similar cards, especially since it carries no annual fee.