Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 26th, 2021
SunTrust Travel Rewards Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 11.24% to 21.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.24% to 21.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $0 for the first year; $89 after that
- Processing Network N/A
- $250 statement credit when you spend $3,000 in the first three months of account opening
- 3% unlimited cash back on travel qualifying purchases
- 2% unlimited cash back on dining and 1% unlimited cash back on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.24% to 21.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.24% to 21.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first year; $89 after that
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
At a Glance
For the avid traveler, finding a rewards card that allows you to maximize the rewards you earn while spending money on travel can be difficult. The SunTrust Travel Rewards Credit card soars above competing travel card offers with unlimited cash back rewards: 3% on travel purchases, 2% cash back on dining, and a special introductory bonus of $250 after you spend $3,000 on qualifying purchases in the first three months of opening your account.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are an avid traveler who will use their card to earn unlimited rewards
- Like the idea of 3% cash back on travel purchases
- Dislike foreign transaction fees
- Will spend $3,000 in the first three months to earn a $250 statement credit
SunTrust Travel Rewards Credit Card
If you’re a frequent traveler looking to earn unlimited rewards from travel purchases, the SunTrust Travel Rewards Credit Card is a great prospect for you. If earning unlimited cash back rewards on all purchases wasn’t tempting enough, seasoned travelers will love that they can earn 3% on travel purchases, 2% back on dining, and 1% on all other qualifying purchases – whether you’re home or abroad, you’ll be earning rewards.
In addition to cash back rewards, when you spend $3,000 in the first three months of opening a SunTrust Travel Rewards credit card account, you’ll qualify for a bonus statement credit of $250. That’s not the only introductory offer that cardholders can capitalize on, either – your nominal annual fee of $89 is waived for the first year, and there are no foreign transaction fees.
The SunTrust Travel Rewards Credit Card offers a competitive APR for both purchases and balance transfers; as an added benefit, your APR for balance transfers is 0% for the first fifteen months.
Cardholders will also enjoy several other perks from their Travel Rewards Credit Card from SunTrust Bank. You can earn up to $100 as a statement credit every 5 years as reimbursement for your application fee for Global Entry or TSA Precheck, as well as access to exclusive offers in over 400 airports across the globe and membership to 850+ airport lounges via Mastercard® LoungeKey™.
Should You Apply for the SunTrust Travel Rewards Credit Card?
As rewards credit cards come, the SunTrust Travel Rewards Card is a pretty impressive offering. The card earns solid cash back on both dining and travel purchases – cash back rewards that are uncapped.
The addition of a $250 statement credit, plus a $100 credit every five tears for the costs of TSA Precheck are equally nice – as is the 0% introductory APR for a huge 15 months. Overall, the card hits many of the right notes without charging a hefty annual fee.