Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 26th, 2021
SunTrust Business Credit Card
Earn Up to 5% Cash Back on Business Purchases
- Regular Purchase APR 12.24% to 19.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 12.24% to 19.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 23.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 0% APR introductory rate on purchases for the first 12 months account is open
- 5% cash back on office supply and fuel purchases on the first $2,000 spent monthly within the first 12 months
- 3% cash back thereafter on the first $2,000 spent monthly on office supply and fuel qualifying purchases
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.24% to 19.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.24% to 19.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 23.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $49
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $32
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $35
At a Glance
There are lots of business card offers out there for small business owners, and finding the right fit for your business can be tricky. The SunTrust Business Credit Card is a great opportunity for anyone who’d like to grow their credit history (and their business) while using their card to earn up to 5% cash back rewards on qualifying office supply and fuel purchases.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Will spend at least $2,000 each month to earn up to 5% cash back on fuel and office supply purchases
- Want a business card with no annual fee
- Will take advantage of 0% APR on purchases for the first year you have your card
- Want to maximize your rewards by using this card along with a SunTrust Checking, Savings or Money Markets account
SunTrust Business Credit Card Review
The SunTrust Business Credit Card is a solid option for any small business owner who’s in the business of saving money, earning rewards, and building their credit score. SunTrust offers a competitive APR (based on your creditworthiness, and the Prime Rate) but waives this for the first 12 months after you open your business card account as an introductory offer.
When you make qualifying purchases at a gas station or office supply store, you’ll earn 5% cash back on the first $2,000 spent monthly within the first 12 months, after which you’ll earn 3% cash back on the first $2,000 spent each month on business purchases on your SunTrust Business Credit Card in those two categories. For most other purchases, you’ll earn 1% cash back.
How to Redeem Rewards
Rewards can be deposited directly into a SunTrust Checking or Savings account, or applied as a statement credit. It’s worth noting that SunTrust offers a Loyalty Cash Bonus program; based on your deposit relationship with SunTrust, you can earn cash bonuses of 10% or 25% when you redeem your Cash Back Rewards directly into a SunTrust Business Checking, Savings or Money Market account. This means that you can earn extra cash back when you play your cards right by redeeming your rewards directly into your business savings account from SunTrust.
Other Card Features
There’s no annual fee with the SunTrust Business Credit Card, and complimentary employee cards are available, so you can add cardholders to your account at no additional cost to you. You’ll even be able to control the credit limit of each employee card via SunTrust Business Card Online, or by calling your bank.
Other great card features include automatic rebates that appear on your monthly statements after you make qualifying purchases like fuel, auto maintenance, office equipment, and much more; you’ll also enjoy online expense management tools, Zero Liability protection against fraudulent purchases if your card is lost or stolen, extended warranty perks and much more.
Should You Apply for the SunTrust Business Credit Card?
Overall, the SunTrust Business Credit Card is a versatile rewards credit card that offers small business owners with plenty of oomph for no annual fee. Beyond 0% intro APR on purchases for the first year, companies also enjoy up to 5% cash back on select purchases, complimentary employee cards, and Mastercard online expense management tools.