| Last updated on November 9th, 2023
Quicken® World Mastercard®
Quicken® World Mastercard®
- 18.49% to 27.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 18.49% to 27.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 30.49% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The Quicken® World Mastercard® offers Quicken users with impressive points on everyday purchases and solid travel perks – all for no annual fee.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- No annual fee
- Earn 2X points on recurring bills, including utilities, telephone, cable, club memberships, and even your Quicken software subscription
- Earn 2X points on groceries and dining
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.49% to 27.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.49% to 27.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either 3% of the amount of each transfer or $5 minimum, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 30.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either 5% of the amount of each advance or $10 minimum, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2% of each foreign purchase transaction or foreign ATM advance transaction in U.S. Dollars; 3% of each foreign purchase transaction or foreign ATM advance transaction in a Foreign Currency
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- You already use Quicken products and services
- You spend frequently on recurring bills, memberships, and other charges
- You plan to spend at least $500 within the first 90 days
- You do't want to pay an annual fee
Quicken® World Mastercard® Review
How to Earn Rewards
The Quicken Card earns rewards on a vast assortment of everyday and recurring purchases. Cardholders earn 2X points on recurring bills, grocery stores, and dining purchases.
Those double point categories are fairly broad, meaning they offer significant value to Quicken members. For instance, the recurring bills category includes utilities, telephone, cable, internet bills, club memberships (think B.J.’s or Costco), and Quicken software subscriptions.
The other 2X point categories, dining and groceries, also offer several different distinctions that provide extra value. Dining, for example, includes takeaway, delivery services, bars, fast food, and restaurants. The groceries category includes small grocers and supermarkets but may not include large box stores (like Target or Walmart) that offer groceries in addition to other items.
All other purchases with the card earn a single point per dollar spent, with no cap on the total number of points earnable. Quicken Rewards points expire after five years from the date the points were awarded to the account on December 31st of the expiration year.
How to Redeem Rewards
Redeeming points with the Quicken® World Mastercard® is easy, with the usual redemption options available. Cardholders can use their points for:
- Statement credits
- Gift cards
- Quicken products
The Quicken category is likely the best redemption option for cardholders, as it can help offset the costs of Quicken software, with plans running as high as $94 for premium home and business package.
Introductory Bonus Offer
The Quicken® World Mastercard® also offers a quality sign-up bonus. New accounts receive one year of Quicken Deluxe, Quicken Premier, or Quicken Home and Business after making $500 in purchases with the card in the first 90 days after opening an account. This sign-up bonus has an approximate value of up to $94. Existing subscribers will receive a one-year extension to their current plan.
Other Card Features
Other notable features with the Quicken Mastercard include:
- Travel benefits, including access to Boingo Wi-Fi and rideshare protection
- Complimentary ShopRunner membership
- Mastercard World Concierge access
- Zero Fraud Liability coverage
- Mastercard Cellular Protection Plan
- Mastercard ID Theft Protection
- EMV chip and contactless payment technology
- Digital wallet compatibility, including Google Pay and Apple Pay
- Up to 3% foreign transaction fee
Should You Apply for the Quicken® World Mastercard®?
The Quicken® World Mastercard® is an interesting rewards card in that it offers points in categories not typically seen from a credit card. The addition of a considerable assortment of recurring payments that earn double points I excellent, as is the 2X points on dining and groceries.
The card will probably only appeal to current Quicken users, but there is much more to the card than that. The sign-up bonus can help pay for the first year of Quicken services (an up to $94 value). Cardholders enjoy a double whammy of excellent investment software access and impressive points on a great selection of categories.
Browse Other Credit Card Offers
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.