Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on June 8th, 2022
OakStone Secured Mastercard® Platinum Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 9.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 18.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $49
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Poor , No Credit Required
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Credit lines available from $200 to $5,000! Super Low 9.99% variable interest rate on purchases - with no penalty rate!
- No minimum credit score requirements! We invite all credit types to apply! No processing or application fees!
- Includes Free Real-Time Access to Your Credit Score and Ongoing Credit Monitoring powered by Experian
- Helps strengthen your credit with responsible card use. Reports to three national bureaus
- Fast, easy application process. Choose your credit line and open your Personal Savings Deposit Account to secure your line
- Nationwide program; available in all 50 US states *See Card Terms
- Get a fresh start! A discharged bankruptcy still in your credit bureau file will not cause you to be declined
- See website for additional Oakstone Platinum Secured Mastercard® details
- Regular Purchase APR: 9.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 18.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $49
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $30
- Minimum Deposit Required: $200
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The OakStone Secured Mastercard® Platinum Credit Card is an exciting secured credit card that provides a tremendous low APR, no monthly service fees, and monthly reporting to all the major credit reporting bureaus. The card, issued through Synovus Bank, features a modest $49 annual fee and the purchasing power of the Mastercard payment network.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have a limited credit history, damaged credit, or no credit history at all
- Are looking to improve their credit or build it from its early stages
- Want a credit card with a very low regular APR in case they need to carry a balance
- Prefer a secured card where they can control their credit limit
OakStone Secured Mastercard® Platinum Credit Card Review
The Oakstone Platinum Secured Mastercard is a credit builder card that provides an excellent, everyday-low APR and the purchasing power of Mastercard – all in one package.
An Exceptional Purchase APR
Secured credit cards are ideal for people looking to boost a bad credit score – or establish a credit profile for the first time. Part of growing a credit score is keeping credit utilization low. Keeping your credit use to a minimum is ideal – but not always possible. It is in instances like these where the Oakstone Platinum Secured Card shines.
While secured credit cards aren‘t designed for carrying a balance, the Oakstone Platinum Mastercard makes such an occasion painless. The card features an exceptional variable APR on purchases. The average APR for a person with a bad credit score is approximately 21.74% – significantly higher than the interest rate that Oakstone charges. This makes the card an ideal option for someone who wants the versatility to build credit and carry a balance at the same time.
Build Credit with On-Time Payments
As is the case with the Oakstone Platinum Secured Mastercard, secured cards serve as an ideal way to repair damaged credit scores or establish a good credit history for the first time. Since the Oakstone Secured Mastercard reports monthly to all three major credit bureaus – Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion – responsible use of the card can lead to impressive credit building in as little as a handful of months. Responsible use means only purchasing what you can afford to pay off right away and ensuring you at least pay the minimum due on your card statement each month.
Security Deposit Requirement
Secured cards are like any other credit card: they provide flexibility when paying, offer fraud protection, and help you establish a positive credit history with on-time payments. The only difference between a secured credit card and an unsecured card is that secured cards require a cash deposit.
This security deposit acts as the collateral for the account and serves as the line of credit. With the Oakstone Platinum, that refundable security deposit is a minimum of $200, with a maximum initial deposit of $5,000. This is on par with other secured card options and makes the card a solid choice for those who want a low rate and a modest initial deposit requirement.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Oakstone Platinum include:
- A fast, easy application process that takes minutes
- No processing fees or monthly servicing fees
- Reasonable $49 annual fee
- Can be used for foreign purchases, but a 3% transaction fee applies
Which OakStone Credit card is Right for You?
Not sure which OakStone Mastercard is the ideal secured credit card for your needs? Here’s a quick rundown of the two cards:
**You may be approved for this card with any credit history or credit score, so long as: you do not have a pending bankruptcy filing that has not yet been discharged by the court, you successfully fund your security deposit, and you meet the Income and Identity Verification requirements mandated by the Federal government for all credit card applications.
Oakstone Card Ratings
How does the First Oakstone Mastercard stack up? Here are a selection of expert reviews for the card:
What is the Oakstone Platinum Secured Mastercard® like to live with? Before deciding if the card is right for you, here’s what our readers and members think about the card:
OakStone Mastercard FAQs
Here are answers to frequently asked questions about OakStone and the OakStone Secured Mastercard:
- Per OakStone: “There is no cost to apply for the Oakstone Card Secured MasterCard®, and there are two card options from which to choose: The Oakstone Gold Mastercard Secured Credit Card has an Annual Fee of $39 and an Variable APR for Purchases of 13.99%. The Oakstone Platinum Mastercard Secured Credit Card has an Annual Fee of $49 APR and a Variable APR on Purchases of 9.99%. These APRs will vary with market interest rates.”
- No, the card face carries the words “Platinum”, “Oakstone”, and “MasterCard”, and will be embossed with your name.
- Anyone over the age of 18 and a US resident can apply for the Oakstone Mastercard.
Should You Apply for the OakStone Secured Mastercard® Platinum Credit Card?
The Oakstone Platinum Secured Mastercard® hits many of the right notes for a credit builder card. The purchase APR with the card is excellent and provides users with a super low rate that rivals many of the best balance transfer or low rate credit cards on the market – even for those with excellent credit.
The addition of a modest annual fee, the freedom to select a refundable security deposit that fits your financial situation, and a fast, easy application process are more feathers in the Oakstone‘s cap. And the near-global acceptance of the Mastercard payment network doesn’t hurt, either. Mastercard is the world’s second-largest payment network (behind only Visa). While Mastercard is accepted at slightly fewer merchants, it is taken in more countries than Visa – making it the perfect global payment tool.
Overall, the Oakstone Platinum Secured Mastercard® is an excellent secured card to consider. It is a product with the prospects of helping you boost your credit score fast.