| Last updated on October 16th, 2023
Los Angeles Federal Credit Union Signature Rewards Platinum Credit Card
Los Angeles Federal Credit Union Signature Rewards Platinum Credit Card
- 13.99% to 18% variable based on the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 13.99% to 18% variable based on the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 13.99% to 18% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 4.90% for 6 months (for transactions during the first 90 days) Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Signature Rewards Platinum Credit Card from Los Angeles Federal Credit Union (LAFCU) is a great tool for those who wish to save money while earning rewards from everyday purchases thanks to a competitive, low interest rate, no annual fee, and an intro APR of 0%, but a few of these cards feature a credit limit as high as this credit card from LAFCU.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- No annual fee
- 0% APR for first 6 months on all transactions made within 90 days of opening account
- Spend $3,000 in the first 90 days of opening account to earn 6,000 bonus points
- Earn 2 points per dollar spent on gas, groceries, restaurants and travel
- Earn 1 point per dollar spent on net purchases
- Intro Purchase APR: 4.90% for 6 months (for transactions during the first 90 days)
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99% to 18% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 4.90% for 6 months (for transactions during the first 90 days)
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.99% to 18% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount transferred ($10 minumum and $250 maximum)
- Cash Advance APR: 13.99% to 18% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 2% of the amount advanced plus $2.50, whichever is greater (for advances at ATMs owned by Los Angeles Federal Credit Union)Either $10.00, or 2.00% of the amount advanced, whichever is greater (for advances at ATMs not owned by Los Angeles Federal Credit Union)
- Penalty APR: 17.90%
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of each foreign currency transaction in U.S. dollars. 1% of each U.S. Dollar transaction that occurs in a foreign country.
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $20
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $26
- You live in Southern California
- You want a rewards card with no annual fees
- You want to earn rewards points from everyday spending and travel purchases
- You will spend $3,000 in the first 90 days of opening an account to take advantage of a special introductory bonus of 6,000 extra points
- You want a card with a low, competitive annual percentage rate and a hefty line of credit
Los Angeles Federal Credit Union Signature Rewards Platinum Credit Card Review
The Los Angeles Federal Credit Union Signature Rewards Platinum Credit Card from Los Angeles Federal Credit Union (LAFCU) is a Visa Platinum rewards credit card designed for consumers who live in Southern California and who want to earn rewards while saving money. This versatile rewards card, which features a generous introductory APR period, earns double points from purchases made at gas stations and grocery stores, and on dining and travel; all other eligible purchases earn 1 point per dollar spent. To sweeten the deal, LAFCU includes a special introductory bonus as an incentive for cardholders who want to maximize their rewards by spending $3,000 with their new card within the first 90 days of opening an account to earn 6,000 extra points.
How to Earn Rewards with the LAFCU Signature Rewards Platinum Credit Card
Earning CURewards with the Signature Rewards Platinum Credit Card is easy – cardholders don’t need to change their spending habits, as they’ll earn points from everyday spending. Food (groceries and dining at restaurants), gasoline, and travel purchases (hotel stays, airfare, trains, cabs and other local transportation, and even tolls) all earn 2X points for each dollar spent. For all other eligible purchases, 1 point is earned per $1 spent.
A special introductory offer is available to new cardmembers; those who use their new card to spend $3,000 within 90 days of opening their account are eligible for a bonus of 6,000 points credited to their account. On average, 1 point is equivalent to 1.17 cents in U.S. dollars, so a bonus of 6,000 points comes out to approximately $60 to redeem.
This credit card is a great option for anyone who wants to use it to make large purchases within the first year of using it, since the generous introductory APR of 0% for 12 months will help those who use their cards to buy big-ticket items to also save money while they are carrying a balance. Making a big purchase will also help cardholders to earn rewards, and with proper planning can see you qualify for the introductory bonus points, too.
While earning double rewards for travel, groceries, gas and dining may sound like an attractive offer, consumers who are in the market for a rewards card should take a moment to consider what they will redeem these points for, and decide if this card offer is a good fit for them – or if another offer might be more enticing.
How to Redeem Los Angeles Federal Credit Union Signature Rewards Platinum Card Rewards
To redeem CURewards earned with the LAFCU Signature Rewards Platinum Credit Card, all cardholders must do is access their account from a personal computer or mobile device, log in, and select the merchandise they’d like to redeem their points for. Merchandise from some of the top brands across the world are available in exchange for rewards points; popular items include:
- Cameras and accessories
- Outdoor sports equipment
- Camping equipment
Additional Signature Rewards Platinum Card Perks and Benefits from LAFCU
Cardholders will not only benefit from the rewards program with their card, but also from the perks available from LAFCU and Visa.
Online & Mobile Banking
Los Angeles Federal Credit Union offers convenient online and mobile banking options through LAFCU online login. Logging into your account is as simple as visiting their website and entering a password; members can view account balances, transaction history, make loan and Visa® credit card payments, transfer funds, view online statements, set up card alerts, and much more – all from the comfort of their own home. The MYLAFCU Mobile App takes this convenience a step further, providing credit union members and Visa® cardholders with the means to access their account details and make payments from their mobile device or tablet.
Special Visa Credit Card Benefits
The Los Angeles Federal Credit Union Signature Rewards Platinum Credit Card is a premium Visa rewards card, and as such it is accompanied by the best benefits that Visa has to offer. These Visa Signature perks are unavailable with other card offers, and include:
- Concierge Services
- Emergency Card Replacement & Cash Disbursement
- Purchase Price Protection
- Travel accident Insurance
Should You Apply for the Los Angeles Federal Credit Union Signature Rewards Platinum Credit Card?
The LAFCU Signature Rewards Platinum Credit Card from Los Angeles Federal Credit Union is a card offer that will be of interest to those who are in search of a rewards credit card that paves the way to big savings and even bigger rewards. There is no annual fee, a low and extremely competitive APR for purchases (after the introductory APR period), and ample opportunity to earn rewards points on a variety of different purchases.
Cardholders who use their card while abroad will benefit from a modest foreign transaction fee, and those who are interested in using this card for balance transfers will save beaucoup bucks when they take advantage of the introductory rate of 0% for the first 12 months of their account opening. This generous introductory APR period is also particularly useful for those who want to use their new card to make large purchases and know they will carry a balance.
BestCards.com has an extensive selection of credit cards with comprehensive reviews and the most up-to-date credit card information you’ll need to make your decision. Check out our other reviews and articles.
Browse Other LAFCU Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.