Kern Schools FCU Visa Platinum Credit Card
Enjoy a Low APR, No Annual Fee, and No Balance Transfer Fees
- Regular Purchase APR 10.50% to 17.90%, variable based on credit worthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 10.50% to 17.90%, variable based on credit worthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 12.50% to 17.90%, variable based on credit worthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good , Fair
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- No balance transfer fee
- Competitive interest rates
- Regular Purchase APR: 10.50% to 17.90%, variable based on credit worthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 10.50% to 17.90%, variable based on credit worthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 12.50% to 17.90%, variable based on credit worthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 2% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $15
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $30
At a Glance
The Kern Schools Federal Credit Union Visa® Platinum Credit Card is one of two credit cards that Kern Schools FCU offers its members. This credit card features no annual fee and no fees on balance transfers. In addition, cardholders can take advantage of a lower-than-average interest rate. Keep reading to learn more about the details of this card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Live and/or Work in Kern County
- Are related to or live with a Kern Schools FCU member
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Don’t want to pay fees for balance transfers
Kern Schools FCU Visa® Platinum Credit Card Review
The Kern Schools Visa Platinum Card is a basic credit card that provides cardholders with Visa’s renowned purchase power. Kern Schools Federal Credit Union doesn’t provide many perks or bonuses with this card, but it does wave annual fees, making it an attractive option for credit union members. Cardholders also have access to Visa member services
There are no annual fees associated with this credit card, which can save you money in the long term. Additionally, there are no fees for balance transfers, which is a point of pride for Kern Schools FCU.
While this Visa Platinum Card doesn’t offer any special introductory interest rate promotions for balance transfers, the regular APR can be appealingly low for those qualify. This means that this card can be a good option if you want to transfer a balance from a high-interest credit card.
What the Kern Schools Platinum Visa lacks in perks, it makes up for in a lower-than-average interest rate. The lowest APR you can get approved for is almost seven percentage points than the national average. Even if you get approved for the highest APR on this credit card, it is still on par with the average nationwide interest rate.
What’s more, these interest rates apply to purchase and balance transfers. And because there is no promotional period on this card, there is no rush to make large purchases or transfer a balance from a higher-interest credit card. Kern Schools keeps things simple that way.
Some Additional Visa® Perks
Many applicants focus on the benefits that a credit card’s issuer provides cardholders. Few really look into the many perks that the payment network provides. In this case, Kern Schools (the issuer) doesn’t really provide many added perks. However, Visa® does feature several benefits that cardholders should take advantage of to make the most out of this credit card.
Many of these benefits come in handy when you’re traveling. If you experience an emergency while you’re on vacation, you can call Visa® at its toll-free number to get 24-7 emergency support. A representative can refer you to legal counsel, medical attention, and even relay messages to loved ones back home no matter where in the world you are.
Additionally, cardholders can take advantage of Visa’s auto rental collision damage waiver, which services as an extra layer of insurance when you rent a vehicle using your Visa Platinum card.
Cardholders also have access to Visa’s warranty manager services, which can assist in extending manufacturers’ warranties on items purchased with your Visa card.
Should You Apply for the Kern Schools FCU Visa® Platinum Credit Card?
If you are already a member of Kern Schools Federal Credit Union, then this is a good card to have in your wallet. While basic, zero annual fees and a low APR make this a practical payment method to keep on hand. If you take advantage of all the added benefits from Visa, then will have a credit card you can carry for the long term.
If you are looking for a card with a lot of features and perks, then you might want to consider getting a credit card from another issue. Alternately, you can apply for Kern School FCU’s Visa Rewards Card.