ISNA Visa® Signature Card
Earn Up to 3% Cash Back on Purchases
- Regular Purchase APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- Earn 3% cash back on coffee shop, fast food, and ridesharing purchases
- Earn 2% cash back on gas and dining and 1% cash back on everything else
- Reduced introductory APR for 6 months on balance transfers and purchases
- Intro Purchase APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars; 2% of the transaction amount in other currencies
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The London Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Barcelona Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Bangkok Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The ISNA Visa® Signature Card from Commerce Bank awards cardholder with 3% cash back on purchases at coffee shops, fast food restaurants, and through ridesharing services. Additionally, cardholders earn 2% cash back at other types of restaurants and gas stations. Cardholders earn 1% cash back on all other purchases, too. What’s more, this card offers new cardholders a reduced APR for six months on purchases and balance transfers. Furthermore, this card features no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to show their support for the Indiana State Nurses Association (ISNA)
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee to use their cards
- Spend considerably on fast food, coffee, and rideshare services and want to earn cash back on those purchases
- Want to earn 2% cash back on gas and restaurants and 1% on everything else
- Want to take advantage of a lower APR for 6 months on purchases and balance transfers
The ISNA Visa® Signature Card Review
The ISNA Visa® Signature Card is intended for members and supports of the Indiana State Nurses Association (ISNA). Commerce Bank issues this credit card, and it does not require applicants to be members of this professional association.
Commerce Bank also issues many other credit cards affiliated with other professional and alumni associations. Almost all these cards offer identical benefits and features. These include earning cash back on practically all your purchases. The ISNA Visa® Card earns you 3% cash back on purchases at fast food restaurants and coffee shops, as well as with rideshare services.
Furthermore, cardholders earn 2% cash back on dining and gas purchases and 1% cash back on everything else. There aren’t really any direct benefits for ISNA related to owning this card. You just show your support for the organization through the credit card’s design.
However, there are some additional perks to this card. Cardholders receive a reduced APR when they first sign up for this card. This promotional interest rate applies to purchases and balance transfers. Additionally, there is no annual fee for this card. Learn more about the ISNA Visa® Signature by reading the sections below.
Earning Cash Back
The ISNA Visa® Signature Card earns cardholders 3% cash back on purchases they make at fast food restaurants and coffee shops. Additionally, cardholders earn 3% cash back when they use rideshare services, like Lyft and Uber.
Cardholders need to keep in mind that they will only earn this amount of cash back if they make purchases at merchants within certain categories. In other words, you must purchase coffee at a coffee shop or a hamburger at a fast food restaurant in order to earn 3% cash back. This can present a problem if you grab a cup of coffee at a gas station or supermarket.
In addition, you can earn 2% cash back on dining and gas purchases. Just like the spending categories for the 3% cash back, earning 2% cash back depends on where you spend money and not what you spend money on. As such, your purchases must be at restaurants and gas stations to earn this cash back amount.
If you like purchasing fuel at a supermarkets and/or wholesale clubs, you won’t earn 2% cash back. However, you won’t come away empty handed. That’s because all other purchases earn you 1% cash back.
While this tiered points system offers cardholders options for how to earn points, some of these categories may only apply to certain consumers. The top earning categories, for instance, are extremely specific. Most consumers may not even spend money in those categories that often, especially if they are health conscious.
Redeeming your Rewards
Even though the ISNA Visa® Signature Card is advertised as a cash back rewards card, it’s a little more complicated than that. You actually earn points instead of immediately receiving cash back. You must redeem those points to earn any sort of prizes, including cash back.
Essentially, the percentage of cash back you are supposed to earn is equal to a number of points you earn per dollar spent. In other words, 3% cash back is equal to three points for every dollar you spend.
You can redeem your points on the Commerce Bank Rewards Site. There, you can use your points for getting cash back or gift cards. You can also get travel vouchers or fuel discounts with your points.
The great thing about Commerce Bank’s rewards program is that it is visible to the public. Believe it or not, this has become much rarer among banks. Many times, you can’t even know what type of rewards are available until you sign up.
Now, the exact value of each item in the rewards catalog is not available until you open an account and sign in. As such, you won’t know how many points you need to get a gift card or travel voucher.
Reduced APR on Purchases
Another feature of the ISNA Visa® Signature Card that some consumers may like is its promotional APR for purchases. For six months after signing up for this card, cardholders can take advantage a reduced interest rate on their purchases.
Keep in mind that the promotional period begins on the date that you open an account and not when you purchase something. As such, it’s best to decide on something large to purchase before you apply for this credit card. That way you can maximize the amount of time you have to pay off your purchase.
If you need to make a particularly large purchase, such as remodeling a home, this feature can help you finance that expense. However, six months is on the shorter time as far as APR promotions go. In effect, this may not be a very beneficial period for very large purchases.
As well, many introductory APR promotions offer 0% interest. While the introductory APR is a fraction of the regular interest rate, it is still something.
Reduced APR on Balance Transfers
The ISNA Visa® Signature Card features the same terms of its introductory balance transfer APR. Cardholders have six months from the date that they sign up to take advantage of a reduced interest rate. The promotional balance transfer APR is the same as the promotional purchase APR.
This feature can help you pay off a portion of a credit card, especially if you have a balance on a high-interest card. However, it may be impractical to try and transfer an entire balance onto this card and pay it off. As with the purchase APR promotion, six months is not a lot of time to pay off a credit card balance.
Additionally, cardholders need to pay a small percentage of the balance amount as a fee for transferring over that balance. Coupled with the low APR, this isn’t necessarily a get-out-of-debt-free card. In fact, you’re probably better off choosing another credit card if you’re really intending on paying off an existing balance.
Should You Apply for the ISNA Visa® Signature Card?
The ISNA Visa® Signature Card provides members of this organization a conspicuous way of displaying their affiliation. However, by signing up for this card you’re in no way supporting ISNA financially. If you truly wanted to support this organization, you’d be better off giving a donation.
Nevertheless, this Visa Signature does offer some interesting perks. If you frequently dine at fast food restaurants and order coffee from coffee shops, this card can earn you a lot of rewards. If you live in a crowded urban area, like New York City, earning cash back on ridesharing services can be particularly beneficial to you.
Other than that, the rewards on this card are mediocre. The introductory APR features may offer cardholders a little bit of savings for the first few months. However, they’re far from being stand-out deals. If they do stand out, it’s because they’re exceptionally stingy.
If you’re looking for introductory APR promotions, many other rewards cards offer 0% introductory APRs for 12 months or longer. Take a look at our balance transfer card reviews if you’re looking to transfer a large balance.