Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Grand Reserve™ World Mastercard®
Earn 50,000 Bonus Points When You Spend $3,000 on Purchases in the First 3 Months After Account Opening
- Earn 5x points per dollar at more than 400 wineries, wine clubs, and other Grand Reserve Partners
- Earn 3x points per dollar at any other winery, wine store, liquor store, restaurant, or bar
- Earn 2x points per dollar everywhere else
- Earn an additional 2 point per dollar bonus at your top wine merchant each month
- Redeem your points from our sommelier-curated catalog of more than 450 products and experiences for the discerning wine lover
- Receive discounts and upgrades at hundreds of wineries with your complimentary Priority Wine Pass membership
- $0 annual fee for the first year, then $149
- No foreign exchange fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: None for the first year. After that, $149
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Save as you shop at London Designer Outlet - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Achieve home office harmony with a Feng Shui session - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Take a flawless makeup masterclass at Cosmetics à la Carte - Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 - See Details
- Learn to DJ like an expert - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Shop like a celebrity with LookStyler - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Upgrade your stay in Belfast and see the city in style - Offer Expires on March 31, 2021 - See Details
- Master gin and tonics with tips from two expert restaurateurs - Offer Expires on May 28, 2021 - See Details
- Get a taste of the pirate's life with Miami Children's Museum - Offer Expires on January 22, 2031 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Grand Reserve World Mastercard offers rewards on purchases at wineries, wine clubs, and wine shops, plus a complimentary Priority Wine Pass. The card, from Celtic Bank, features no annual fee for the first year and up to 7X points on purchases.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are wine enthusiasts and spend heavily on wine each month
- Enjoy wine tasting events or exclusive vineyard experiences
- Want a credit card that earns rewards points on all other purchases – not just wine
- Want a card with no foreign transaction fees and near-worldwide acceptance
Grand Reserve™ World Mastercard® Review
The Grand Reserve Mastercard is unique in that it offers the best rewards to those who prefer wine – and want to maximize their rewards when buying their favorite tipple.
How to Earn Rewards
The Grand Reserve card earns 5X points on purchases with Grand Reserve partners, plus at partner wine clubs or more than 400 associated wineries. Grand Reserve has dozens of partners, including leading names in wine sales, West Coast vineyards, and more. In addition, the card actually offers an extra 2 points per dollar spent on your top wine merchant each month that’s also a Grand Reserve partner. That brings the total earning potential to 7X points per dollar – a great return rate if your favorite wine merchant aligns with Grand Reserve’s list.
The Grand Reserve Card also earns 3X points at all other wineries and wine clubs, plus 3X at liquor stores. This means that if you want to stock up your home bar with other spirits, you’ll get extra rewards for that, too.
Beyond booze, the Grand Reserve™ World Mastercard® earns 3X points on all restaurant and bar purchases. This makes the card a very impressive entertainment and dining credit card – especially when you consider that there are no restrictions and both takeout and delivery are included. So whether dining out or in, accelerated rewards are part of the equaition.
All other purchases with the card earn an unlimited 2X points. This is a nice figure, as several similar rewards credit cards earn a single point per dollar on all other spending.
How to Redeem Points
Since the Grand Reserve Card is associated with the Grand Reserve brand, rewards apply towards purchases made with the company and its partners.
Cardholders can pay with points at select wine partners or redeem from Grand Reserve’s “sommelier-curated catalog,” featuring over 450 specially chosen products and experiences. Examples of potential awards include:
- Stemless wine glasses and gift sets
- Premium wine coolers
- 2-Night Napa Getaways
Exclusive Member Access
Since the card comes with a premium price tag of $149 per year (waived for the first year), cardholders can also anticipate a high-level of exclusive perks. These benefits include exclusive access to Grand Reserve tastings and special events with leading wineries, a built-in wine concierge for planning trips or tastings, and complimentary Priority Wine Pass. The fact that the annual fee is waived the first year means that cardholders have access to all these benefits at no cost to them.
Priority Wine Pass is a unique (and premium) service that provides members with personalized tasting itineraries at premier and family-owned wineries along the U.S. West Coast. Normally a $59.99 per year value, Grand Reserve Mastercard holders receive this unique feature free of charge.
Other Card Features
Another of the Grand Reserve credit card’s notable features is the impressive metal build of the card. Metal credit cards have surged in popularity, adding a sense of value and prestige. In this regard, the Grand Reserve World Mastercard excels, with a hefty all-metal construction that provides good looks on top of great rewards.
The card also features World Mastercard benefits, including a 10% discount on bookings with onefinestay, two free months of Instacart Express, and up to $1,000 in Cellular Wireless Telephone Protection.
Rates and Fees
As stated, the annual fee for the Grand Reserve World Mastercard is $149 (which, again, is waived the first year). The card also boasts no foreign transaction fees, making it a great companion whether you’re in Napa, Bordeaux, Tuscany, or the Rhone Valley of France.
Regarding APR, the interest rates with the card are competitive, but not exceptional. Those applicants with good or excellent credit can anticipate a purchase APR of around 15%, which is on-par with other high-end rewards credit cards. At the higher end of the spectrum, the rates climb into the mid-20s. Again, nothing spectacular.
Of additional note, the card does not allow balance transfers or cash advances. So if you have a mind to use either of these two services, you will need a different card product.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About the Grand Reserve World Mastercard
Have a question about the Grand Reserve™ World Mastercard®? Check out some of the most commonly asked questions about Grand Reserve – and the answers – below:
Priority Wine Pass includes more than 400 unique offers at leading wineries, hotels, restaurants, and tours across Napa, Sonoma, and other wine regions. The pass also includes access to the Priority Wine Pass concierge service, featuring personalized tasting itineraries that help you find wineries with the types of wine you love, including virtual tastings. Each card is valid for one year and will be renewed when you keep your Grand Reserve account open.
Grand Reserve events are an exclusive range of educational activities, wine tastings, and more. These events occur both in-person and virtually online.
Grand Reserve works with their extensive partner network to provide cardholders with exclusive offer codes for free shipping, bonus point earnings, and more.
Should You Apply for the Grand Reserve™ World Mastercard®?
Overall, the Grand Reserve Mastercard is an intriguing rewards credit card for the serious wine connoisseur. The chance at 7X rewards on purchases is exceptional – as is the base earning rate of 2X points per dollar spent. While the $149 annual fee is on the higher end for a dining rewards card, that cost is quickly justified if you take advantage of all the benefits and perks that the Grand Reserve Mastercard has to offer.
What’s more, the card rewards everyday expenses, including casual dining and entertaining. Plus, the addition of no foreign transaction fees makes the card a great international purchasing companion.