Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 8th, 2021
Discover it® Business Card
Unlimited 1.5% Cash Back + 0% Intro APR
- Regular Purchase APR 12.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 12.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months from date of account opening date
- Processing Network Discover
- Earn 1.5% unlimited cash back with no expiration for your rewards
- Unlimited cashback match
- No annual fee
- Up to 50 additional cards for employees at no extra cost
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from date of account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Up to 5% of the amount of each transfer
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Discover It Business Card is a straightforward business credit card designed for small business owners that hate complex credit cards and want something that works perfectly for their everyday needs. The card earns a cash back rate of 1.5% back on all purchases, which Discover matches after the first year. The card also offers 0% introductory APR for the first year on purchases, complimentary employee cards, and no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a simple, straightforward business card
- Don’t expect to use the card outside of the United States
- Want free employee cards
- Want to double the cash back you earn after year one
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Discover It Business Card Review
The Discover It Business Card is a simpler kind of business card for companies that want the benefits of a cash back rewards business card but without the hassle. Companies earn 1.5% cash back on purchases, with no cap on the amount back they can earn each year.
Like other rewards cards from Discover, the Business Card also benefits from the Discover Cashback Match bonus for the first year of membership, meaning businesses will receive double their rewards automatically. Earn $2,000 back? Discover will match it, meaning your company earns $4,000 back instantly!
Sure, the Cashback Match removes the excitement of a sign up bonus, such as what comes from Chase or Bank of America business cards, but provides a lucrative reason to make the Discover It your day-to-day cash back card of choice.
Discover provides itself on getting rid of the hassles that come with many credit cards, and the Discover It Business Card is no different. Companies don’t have to worry about annual fees, penalty APR, or foreign transaction fees. Even better, Discover provides additional employee cards at no extra cost so that companies can earn even more cash back!
How to Redeem Discover Cash Back
Discover cash back is redeemable for statement credits, gift cards, deposits into linked banking accounts, or purchases through Amazon.com. There is no minimum for redeeming, and rewards never expire, so your company can spend your rewards whenever – with no hidden catches – through the Discover mobile app..
Beyond complimentary employee cards, the Discover It Business Card offers a variety of business-centric perks and protections. Companies can easily track business expenses and employee spending through easy integration with Quicken, QuickBooks, or Excel. Not only that, but with free Social Security Number alerts and fraud protection, you’ll know instantly if your account is compromised, or if your information is out there on the Dark Web.
Should You Apply for the Discover It Business Card?
The Discover It Business Card is a business rewards credit card that works for your company – and not against it. The card earns a flat-rate 1.5% back on all purchases, which Discover matches after the first year. Complimentary employee cards allow you to maximize your spending and therefore your rewards, without having to shell out any additional fees, as is common with other business cards.
While there are many more lucrative business credit cards on the market, the Discover Business Card is a bastion of simplicity in a sometimes chaotic credit card landscape. Where other cards offer lounge access and other premium perks, the Discover Card offers simplicity and commons sense.
Sure, for a company that sends it’s employees around the world a high-end travel card may make sense, but for the U.S.-based company that just wants to earn cash back for every purchase, without the fuss of annual or hidden fees, the Discover It Business Card makes a lot of sense – and is a great choice.