BBVA Secured Visa® Business Credit Card
Annual Fee Waived for First Year + Up to 3X Points
- 3X points at office supply stores
- 2X points at gas stations and restaurants
- 1X point for every $1 in purchases
- Free employee cards
- Annual fee is waived the first year
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first year. After that, $40
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $49
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $25
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $39
- Minimum Deposit Required: $500
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in Brooklyn - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in New York - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in West Hollywood - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The BBVA Secured Visa® Business Card is a secure business credit card designed to help you grow your business and your credit history, all while earning points from your everyday business expenses. Pay no annual fee for the first year while earning up to 3x points for every $1 spent at office supply stores, gas stations and restaurants, and everything in between.
Ideal for Those Who:
- You own a business and want to earn points for it
- You want a card that will earn up to 3 points for everyday business purchases
- Want employee cards at no additional cost
- Want to earn rewards while building credit with a secured business card
BBVA Secured Visa® Business Credit Card Review
The BBVA Secured Visa® Business Card is a convenient way to build your business and your credit while maximizing the rewards you earn when you spend money on your business.
This card is coupled to a Secured Credit Card Savings Account to which you can make deposits in $100 increments at any time; a security deposit (minimum opening deposit of $500) is required at the time you open the account. Your available credit limit will be equal to 90% of your savings account balance; add funds to your account to increase your spending limit.
You won’t need to pay an annual fee for the first year after signing up for your BBVA Secured Visa® Business Credit Card. Business owners can add employee cards at no additional cost, and you’ll even have control over spending limits for each employee; each statement will itemize their purchases for ease of record keeping.
As a BBVA Compass Secured Visa® Business cardholder, you’ll earn rewards for everyday business expenses – get 3x points for every $1 spent at office supply stores, and 2x points at gas stations and restaurants; all other purchases automatically earn 1 point for every dollar you spend. When you enroll with Visa SavingsEdge you can also enjoy up to 15% off your purchase when you shop at participating merchants.
Should You Apply for the BBVA Secured Visa® Business Credit Card?
TheBBVA Secured Visa® Business Credit Card is a good way for companies with no credit history to build a credit score with regular payments. Mixing business and personal credit can be tricky, so secured credit card offers to fill the gap.
The initial credit line of $5,000 is met through a security deposit, which the card requires. Fortunately, the card offers a comprehensive suite of Visa Business protections and benefits to help your company improve your credit score.
With regular payments and strong financial habits, your company can advance to an unsecured business credit card from BBVA, including one of their Visa business rewards credit cards.
Related Article: What Are the Best Secured Cards for Building Credit?
For more information about small business secured credit cards, visit our Comprehensive Secured Card Reference Page, featuring the best-secured card offers, detailed advice, and tips to help you build your credit history and that of your company.