Last updated on September 12th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
BBVA Secured Visa® Business Credit Card
BBVA Secured Visa® Business Credit Card
- 16.24% variable based on the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 16.24% variable based on the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- 3X points at office supply stores
- 2X points at gas stations and restaurants
- 1X point for every $1 in purchases
- Free employee cards
- Annual fee is waived the first year
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first year. After that, $40
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $49
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $25
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $39
- Minimum Deposit Required: $500
At a Glance
The BBVA Secured Visa® Business Card is a secure business credit card designed to help you grow your business and your credit history, all while earning points from your everyday business expenses. Pay no annual fee for the first year while earning up to 3x points for every $1 spent at office supply stores, gas stations and restaurants, and everything in between.
Ideal for Those Who:
- You own a business and want to earn points for it
- You want a card that will earn up to 3 points for everyday business purchases
- Want employee cards at no additional cost
- Want to earn rewards while building credit with a secured business card
BBVA Secured Visa® Business Credit Card Review
The BBVA Secured Visa® Business Card is a convenient way to build your business and your credit while maximizing the rewards you earn when you spend money on your business.
This card is coupled to a Secured Credit Card Savings Account to which you can make deposits in $100 increments at any time; a security deposit (minimum opening deposit of $500) is required at the time you open the account. Your available credit limit will be equal to 90% of your savings account balance; add funds to your account to increase your spending limit.
You won’t need to pay an annual fee for the first year after signing up for your BBVA Secured Visa® Business Credit Card. Business owners can add employee cards at no additional cost, and you’ll even have control over spending limits for each employee; each statement will itemize their purchases for ease of record keeping.
As a BBVA Compass Secured Visa® Business cardholder, you’ll earn rewards for everyday business expenses – get 3x points for every $1 spent at office supply stores, and 2x points at gas stations and restaurants; all other purchases automatically earn 1 point for every dollar you spend. When you enroll with Visa SavingsEdge you can also enjoy up to 15% off your purchase when you shop at participating merchants.
Should You Apply for the BBVA Secured Visa® Business Credit Card?
TheBBVA Secured Visa® Business Credit Card is a good way for companies with no credit history to build a credit score with regular payments. Mixing business and personal credit can be tricky, so secured credit card offers to fill the gap.
The initial credit line of $5,000 is met through a security deposit, which the card requires. Fortunately, the card offers a comprehensive suite of Visa Business protections and benefits to help your company improve your credit score.
With regular payments and strong financial habits, your company can advance to an unsecured business credit card from BBVA, including one of their Visa business rewards credit cards.
Related Article: What Are the Best Secured Cards for Building Credit?
For more information about small business secured credit cards, visit our Comprehensive Secured Card Reference Page, featuring the best-secured card offers, detailed advice, and tips to help you build your credit history and that of your company.