Last updated on September 12th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
BB&T Bright for Business Credit Card
BB&T Bright for Business Credit Card
- 10.24% to 19.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 10.24% to 19.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 24.24% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 12 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases, no annual fee
- Manage your card activity easily through BB&T Credit Card Connection
- Get overdraft protection on up to two business deposit accounts
- Get no-cost employee cards
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 10.24% to 19.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 10.24% to 19.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 25.15% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $39
At a Glance
Featuring no annual fee and 0% interest for 12 months, the BB&T Bright for Business Credit Card is a versatile business credit card and a key component in helping companies to keep their spending in check.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Do not want to pay interest for 12 months or an annual fee, ever
- Want the ability to monitor and manage the spending habits of your employees
- Enjoy saving cash with a low APR following your intro period
BB&T Bright for Business Credit Card Review
The margin of error for growing businesses is often razor-thin, and any unexpected expenditures can have a rippling effect on all departments in the operation. Not only is there no annual fee to worry about with the BB&T Bright for Business Credit Card, but all the purchases that you and your employees make are also interest-free for the first year. Even after the initial 12-month period with the card, its low annual percentage rate makes it a favorite for anyone responsible for watching the bottom line.
The 12 months of intro APR on purchases is great news for companies that plan to issue multiple employee cards. It’s even better news for companies that plan to invest in infrastructure or technology – and want to finance that cost over the next 12 months interest free. This option is especially appealing given the highly-competitive everyday APR the card offers once that year of zero interest ends. The rates with the Bright are exceptional for companies with excellent credit – almost four percentage points below the national average for a small business credit card.
Speaking of budgetary concerns, managing the activity on your BB&T Bright for Business Credit Cards is a snap thanks to online monitoring via BB&T Credit Card Connection. Extra employee cards can be obtained for the account at no cost, and overdraft protection on up to two business deposit accounts is available as well. Should an unauthorized purchase be made using your BB&T Bright for Business Credit Card, the Visa® Zero Liability policy has you covered.
Should You Apply for the BB&T Bright for Business Credit Card?
Overall, the BB&T Bright for Business Credit Card is an enticing opportunity for small businesses that want a great APR on purchases, and impressive introductory APR on top of that, and little else. It might not offer travel points or cash back rewards, but the great rates more than make up for that.