Last updated on September 12th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
BB&T Bright Credit Card
BB&T Bright Credit Card
- 11.24% to 20.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 11.24% to 20.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 22.24% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 15 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- 0% introductory APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers
- Earn cash back with BB&T Deals
- Zero liability unauthorized purchase protection
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.24% to 20.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.24% to 20.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 22.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
At a Glance
If you’re planning a large purchase in the near future or have a hefty balance to transfer, the BB&T Bright Credit Card is an attractive credit card option to consider. Featuring no annual fee and 0% APR for an incredible 15 months on both purchases and balance transfers, it’s easy to see why this card is popular for people with good to excellent credit.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a balance transfer card with a 15-month, 0% APR period
- Will be making a big buy soon and want to avoid interest payments for 15 months
- Do not want to pay annual fees, over-limit penalty fees, or return payment fees
BB&T Bright Credit Card Review
Emergencies, impulse purchases, and over-generosity during the holiday season can spell disaster for anyone with a high APR credit card, that is, unless you have the BB&T Bright Credit Card in hand. With it, you’ll be able to carry a balance for up to 15 months with no interest, giving you the time you need to recover financially.
As card members receive Visa Signature purchase protection benefits despite it not being a Visa Signature card (such as extended warranties and Visa’s® Zero Liability unauthorized purchase protection), it’s also an intelligent tool for cautious consumers to use.
The BB&T Bright Credit Card carries no penalty APR, which is great for keeping your interest rates low should you happen not to make a payment as scheduled. Speaking of low rates, it also foregoes many of the small fees that quickly add up when using other cards, including over-limit penalty fees and return payment fees. If you’ll be carrying a balance from month to month, the math on this credit card adds up.
Should You Apply for the BB&T Bright Credit Card?
The Bright doesn’t feature the rewards structure that comes with other BB&T credit cards, but it really doesn’t matter for the low rate on offer. The card provides an APR on purchases and balance transfers that is approximately three percentage points lower than the national average for similar cards and excellent credit scores – not too shabby.
For the consumer that wants a great rate and little else, the BB&T Bright might just be their ideal credit card. Rewards aren’t everything after all – sometimes, a low APR makes all the difference.