Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on July 12th, 2021
BankUnited Visa® Real Rewards Card
Rewards the Way You Want
- Regular Purchase APR 14.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- 0% intro APR for the first 6 months
- Earn 1.5 points for every eligible net $1 you spend
- 2,500 bonus rewards points awarded after first purchase
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The BankUnited Visa® Real Rewards Card is a decent cashback and rewards credit card from BankUnited. The card earns a flat rate of either 1.5% cashback or 1.5 points per dollar spent on purchases. There is no cap to the total number of points or cashback users can earn. New cardholders also benefit from either 2,500 points or $25 cashback for merely making a first purchase, as well as 0% introductory APR for 6 months on purchases and balance transfers. The card also features the typical suite of benefits and protections users expect from Visa, all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Want to earn 1.5% cashback or 1.5 points for every dollar spent
- Want an introductory 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers
BankUnited Visa® Real Rewards Card Review
The BankUnited Visa® Real Rewards Card is an easy to use, straightforward rewards card for everyday life. The card earns a flat rate of 1.5 points per dollar spent on purchases, which also equates to 1.5% cashback. The card also earns an instant $25 cashback bonus – suitable for either a cash deposit or a statement credit. There is no limit to the total amount of points – or cashback – you can earn.
If new BankUnited Visa® Real Rewards Cardholders don’t want $25 cashback for their initial reward for a first purchase, no worries: they can also choose to receive the reward as 2,500 bonus points. Points apply to rewards beyond only cashback, including travel (airfare, hotels, and more), gift cards, and even merchandise from leading brands.
The BankUnited Visa® Real Rewards Card also benefits from an introductory APR offer. New cardholders receive 0% introductory APR for the first 6 months on balance transfers and purchases, followed by a competitive rate after that. For those with excellent credit, purchase APR starts at around 16%, though the exact rate will vary based on both creditworthiness and the Prime Rate. The card also features no annual fee.
Like other Visa products, the BankUnited Visa® Real Rewards Card enjoys near worldwide acceptance, thanks to both the purchasing power of Visa and the presence of EMV chip technology. Additionally, cardholders receive comprehensive fraud protection and zero fraud liability, auto rental collision damage waiver, and travel accident insurance.
Should You Apply for the BankUnited Visa® Real Rewards Card?
The BankUnited Visa® Real Rewards Card is a wise choice for those who don’t want a rewards card that is confusing. The straightforward earning potential and decent redemption options (as well as the lack of an annual fee) make this a useful tool for everyday spending.