Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on July 12th, 2021
BankUnited Visa® Platinum Card
Enjoy a Longer Intro APR
- Regular Purchase APR 13.49% to 23.49% based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.49% to 23.49% based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 20 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- 0% intro APR for the first 20 months
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 20 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.49% to 23.49% based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 20 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.49% to 23.49% based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The BankUnited Visa® Platinum Card is an uncomplicated balance transfer card that benefits from a 20-month 0% introductory APR period. The card offers no-frill balance transfers and an uninspiring APR, but the long initial APR period more than makes up for these lackluster features, as does the lack of annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a balance transfer card to pay down your existing credit card balances
- Don’t want to have to worry about interest rates for 20 months
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
BankUnited Visa® Platinum Card
The BankUnited Visa® Platinum Card is a balance transfer card designed to help you pay down existing credit card balances faster. The card, a product of BankUnited, a leading U.S. commercial bank and credit card lender, offers a typical low APR, allowing cardholders to transfer over higher interest balances for improved savings.
The BankUnited Visa® Platinum doesn’t offer an APR that is exceptional, instead offering interest rates that are comparable with other similar balance transfer and low APR cards from larger lenders. While the APR available from BankUnited for the Platinum Visa certainly will beat many rewards credit cards, it likely will struggle when matched up with balance transfer and low APR offerings from credit unions.
What makes the BankUnited Visa® Platinum Card great, however, is the extended introductory 0% APR it offers. Many balance transfer cards offer 0% intro APR for the first 6 to 12 months. The BankUnited Platinum, on the other hand, offers 0% introductory APR for an impressive 20 months, meaning cardholders have a large window for paying making transfers and paying down those balances before the typical rates kick in.
Should You Apply for the BankUnited Visa® Platinum Card?
The BankUnited Visa® Platinum Card is a no-frills balance transfer card that is sure to have a few fans, thanks in part to its excellent introductory 0% APR period. Coupled with no annual fees, the card is a decent offering from BankUnited that is worth considering.