Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
BankUnited Visa® Platinum Card
Enjoy a longer intro APR
- Regular Purchase APR 11.99% to 20.99% based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.99% to 20.99% based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for the first 15 months
- Processing Network Visa
- 0% intro APR for the first 15 months
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for the first 15 months
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.99% to 20.99% based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for the first 15 months
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.99% to 20.99% based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either 3% of the amount of each transfer or $5 minimum, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either 4% of the amount of each advance or $10 minimum, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in Brooklyn - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in New York - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in West Hollywood - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The BankUnited Visa® Platinum Card is an uncomplicated balance transfer card that benefits from a 15-month 0% introductory APR period. The card offers no-frill balance transfers and an uninspiring APR, but the long initial APR period more than makes up for these lackluster features, as does the lack of annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a balance transfer card to pay down your existing credit card balances
- Don’t want to have to worry about interest rates for 15 months
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
BankUnited Visa® Platinum Card
The BankUnited Visa® Platinum Card is a balance transfer card designed to help you pay down existing credit card balances faster. The card, a product of BankUnited, a leading U.S. commercial bank and credit card lender, offers a typical low APR, allowing cardholders to transfer over higher interest balances for improved savings.
The BankUnited Visa® Platinum doesn’t offer an APR that is exceptional, instead offering interest rates that are comparable with other similar balance transfer and low APR cards from larger lenders. While the APR available from BankUnited for the Platinum Visa certainly will beat many rewards credit cards, it likely will struggle when matched up with balance transfer and low APR offerings from credit unions.
What makes the BankUnited Visa® Platinum Card great, however, is the extended introductory 0% APR it offers. Many balance transfer cards offer 0% intro APR for the first 6 to 12 months. The BankUnited Platinum, on the other hand, offers 0% introductory APR for an impressive 15 months, meaning cardholders have a large window for paying making transfers and paying down those balances before the typical rates kick in.
Should You Apply for the BankUnited Visa® Platinum Card?
The BankUnited Visa® Platinum Card is a no-frills balance transfer card that is sure to have a few fans, thanks in part to its excellent introductory 0% APR period. Coupled with no annual fees, the card is a decent offering from BankUnited that is worth considering.