Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on July 12th, 2021
Bank of the West Platinum Mastercard®
No Annual Fee and 0% Introductory APR
- Regular Purchase APR 14.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Features lower interest rates than other similar cards
- No annual fee
- Ideal for carrying a balance
- 0% intro APR for the first 15 months for Balance Transfers
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for the first 15 months
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
At a Glance
The Bank of the West Platinum Mastercard® offers cardholders no annual fees and a 0% introductory APR for the first 6 months, followed by a purchase APR generally lower than other comparable cards – depending on both creditworthiness and the Prime Rate. The card is a solid choice for those who regularly carry a balance on their account.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have excellent credit and want a lower-than-average APR
- Regularly carry a balance
- Are looking for a card with online account management
- Live in a state eligible for Bank of the West credit cards
Bank of the West Platinum Mastercard® Review
While there is little reason from a credit score perspective to carry a balance, there are many instances where a person may choose – or need – to carry a balance on their account. In an instance such as this, the Bank of the West Platinum Mastercard® is a solid choice for consumers. The Bank of the West Platinum MasterCard® carries a lower average APR than most comparable 0% introductory APR credit cards available on the market.
After the initial 6 months of 0% APR, cardholders can expect a regular balance transferAPR in the middle tier of interest rates, based on both the creditworthiness of the cardholder and the Prime Rate. Those with excellent credit scores can therefore expect APR rates to be a few percentage points below other similar cards. Combined with no annual fee, the Platinum Mastercard® won’t punish those who carry a balance as much as other competitors.
Bank of the West affords cardholders a collection of online banking options and security protections, including 24/7 fraud monitoring, identity theft resolution, and zero liability to the cardholder for any fraudulent transactions. Additionally, SecureSuite™ offers cardholders both extended warranty and price protections, meaning there’s no need for worry if eligible purchases cause problems or can be found cheaper elsewhere. The online management tools also make it very easy to temporarily lock or unlock a card in the event of theft, set travel plans, or conduct a balance transfer.
Should You Apply for the Bank of the West Platinum Mastercard®?
As with other credit card offerings from Bank of the West, It should also be noted that Platinum Mastercard® is currently only available to those who reside in the following U.S. states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Summing it all up, if you are looking for a straightforward, no-frills 0% introductory APR credit card without an annual fee, the Bank of the West Platinum Mastercard® is a good choice – especially with its low APR for those with excellent credit scores.