Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Bank of the West Cash Back World MasterCard®
Earn Up to 3% Cash Back
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 3% cash back on dining, gas, and groceries up to $1,500
- 1% cash back back on all other purchases
- 0% intro APR on purchases for the first 6 months
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Save as you shop at London Designer Outlet - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Achieve home office harmony with a Feng Shui session - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Take a flawless makeup masterclass at Cosmetics à la Carte - Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 - See Details
- Learn to DJ like an expert - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Shop like a celebrity with LookStyler - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Upgrade your stay in Belfast and see the city in style - Offer Expires on March 31, 2021 - See Details
- Master gin and tonics with tips from two expert restaurateurs - Offer Expires on May 28, 2021 - See Details
- Get a taste of the pirate's life with Miami Children's Museum - Offer Expires on January 22, 2031 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Bank of the West Cash Back World Mastercard® offers cardholders ample cash back rewards and features no annual fee. Cardholders can earn 3% cash back on grocery, dining, and gas purchases and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Regularly use your credit card for everyday purchases
- Want solid cash back rewards with no annual fee
- Are looking for a card with online account management
- Live in a state eligible for Bank of the West credit cards
Bank of the West Cash Back World Mastercard® Review
For those looking for a credit card that provides solid cash back rewards and no annual fees, the Bank of the West Cash Back World Mastercard® offers 3% cash back on dining out, gas, and grocery purchases. Cardholders can also receive 1% cash back on all other purchases. Unlike other cards which require a minimum balance to be reached before cash back rewards are activated, the Cash Back World Mastercard® automatically credits cash back rewards to the cardholder’s account each quarter as a statement credit.
Cash back rewards must be redeemed in $25 increments. Fortunately, there are two methods for cash back awards – statement credits or direct deposits into linked accounts.
Bank of the West provides cardholders with a suite of online banking options and security protections, including 24/7 fraud monitoring, identity theft resolution, and zero liability to the cardholder for any fraudulent transactions. Additionally, SecureSuite™ offers members both extended warranty and price protections, meaning they don’t need to worry if eligible purchases cause problems or can be found cheaper elsewhere. The online management tools also make it easy to temporarily lock or unlock a card, set travel plans, or conduct a balance transfer.
The card features no annual fee, as well as a 0% introductory APR for the first six months, followed by a variable APR based upon both creditworthiness and the Prime Rate. For those with excellent credit, typical APR rates are comparable to similar cash back rewards credit cards available on the market.
Should You Apply for the Bank of the West Cash Back World Mastercard®?
The lack of an annual fee combined with the potential to earn 3% cash back on many everyday purchases makes the Bank of the West Cash Back World Mastercard® a solid choice for those who use their credit cards for day-to-day buying – especially as finding a card with no annual fee and that level of cash back can be difficult. It should be noted, however, that 3% cash back on gas purchases is limited to $1,500 per quarter. There is also no signup bonus for new card members.
Bank of the West Geographic Restrictions
It should also be noted that while Bank of the West is a growing name in banking, the Cash Back World Mastercard® is only available to those who reside in the following U.S. states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.