Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 18th, 2021
ASE Credit Union Visa® Credit Card
ASE Credit Union Visa® Credit Card
Earn Rewards and Enjoy a Great Low APR
- Regular Purchase APR 8.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 8.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 8.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- No balance transfer fees
- Earn rewards points through UChoose Rewards
- Regular Purchase APR: 8.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 8.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 8.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Penalty APR: 18% above your APR
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction in U.S. Dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $30
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $25
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The ASE Credit Union Visa® Credit Card is a basic-yet-useful low APR and reward credit card from Alabama State Employees Credit Union. The card earns a single point for every dollar spent on eligible purchases, with reward points applicable to rewards in the UChoose Rewards Program. The Card also features no annual fee, no fees for balance transfers or cash advances, and 0% intro APR on balance transfers for the first six months
Ideal for Those Who:
- Already bank with Alabama State Employees Credit Union
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Like the option of a full six months of 0% intro APR on balance transfers
- Want to earn a single point for every dollar spent on eligible purchases
ASE Credit Union Visa® Credit Card Review
The ASE Credit Union Visa® Credit Card is a no-nonsense reward credit card from leading Alabama credit Union, Alabama State Employees Credit Union. The card enjoys a variety of helpful perks and protections that makes it a reliable option for Alabama employees, retirees, and their families.
Earn UChoose Rewards with Every Purchase
The ASE Credit Union Visa earns rewards with every dollar spent on eligible purchases. Each dollar spent with the ASE Visa earns a single point. Points apply towards the UChoose Rewards Program, a rewards program that is a popular option amongst credit unions throughout the United States.
UChoose Rewards offers a variety of redemption options, including:
- Cash Back: Cash back is redeemable in the form of statement credits
- Gift Cards: There are a wide variety of gift card options to choose from, including major names in the restaurant, travel, and retail sectors.
- Merchandise: The Rewards portal has a wide selection of merchandise to select from, including computers, televisions, video games, and more.
- Travel: Use your points to book travel by purchasing airline tickets, cruises, rental cars, hotels, and more.
0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers
One of the great perks of the ASE Credit Union Visa is the addition of a 0% introducer APR period for the first six months after opening an account. Intro APR periods typically come with a caveat that the 0% interest rate applies to balance transfers made within the first 90 days, but with the ASE CU Visa, this isn’t the case. Instead, cardholders can enjoy this great rate on all balance transfers made within the first six months.
Other Perks of the ASE CU Visa Card
The ASE Visa Card, like other credit union rewards cards, is the perfect daily credit card for those who hate the hassle of additional fees. The card charges no annual fee for membership and has no fee for balance transfers or cash advances.
Where the card does charge fees, the rates are very favorable when compared with credit card products from larger banks and financial institutions. Rates for late-payments and returned payments, for example, are only $20, which is almost half the cost of what you’d find from larger lenders. The foreign transaction fee is also relatively low, as a purchase in a foreign currency will cost an extra 1% of the transaction in U.S. Dollars – down from the usual 3% found with other cards.
Who Can Join Alabama State Employees Credit Union?
Alabama State Employees Credit Union might sound like a bank that caters only to state employees in Alabama, after all, that’s what it’s called. The credit union, however, is open to anyone interested. All you need to join is a valid Driver’s License or State ID, your Social Security Number, and proof of age.
Should You Apply for the ASE Credit Union Visa® Credit Card?
Overall, the ASE Credit Union Visa® Credit Card offers quality value for money for ASE Credit Union members. Many credit union cards simply try to offer no fees and a low APR, and that’s all, but the ASE Visa takes this a step further and offers the opportunity to earn rewards with every purchase.
A single point for every dollar spent on eligible purchases might not be the most enticing offer, but for someone who wants the simplicity and customer service of a credit union card, it’s a solid rate. This reward earning is boosted by the 0% intro APR on balance transfers made for an entire six months – and not just the first 90 days like most cards that advertise a special introductory rate on balance transfers.
The low APR on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances may vary, but for those with an excellent credit score, the combination of an exception APR, a solid introductory rate on transfers, no annual fees, and rewards make this an interesting card for the Alabama native.