Fitness rewards app Paceline has relaunched its fitness credit card. The new Paceline Credit Card offers up to 5% back on eligible purchases, an Apple Watch statement credit bonus, and more for an annual fee of $60. Here are all the details of the revamped Paceline product:
Paceline Revamps Its Fitness Credit Card
The Paceline Credit Card is not new, having been launched around Halloween last year . The card, issued by Evolve Bank & Trust, was heralded as a first-of-its-kind fitness credit card that works within the Paceline mobile app ecosystem and offered the chance at a free Apple Watch for meeting spending and fitness requirements.
Now, after a series of fine-tuning, Paceline has announced changes to its fitness credit card. The new Paceline Card features include a lower annual fee (now $60, down from $120), a new earning rate on purchases, and a shortened sign-up bonus period (now one year, versus two years previously).
Paceline Credit Card Features
The main selling point with the new Paceline Credit Card is earning up to 53% cash back on health and wellness purchases. That 5% back rate is reliant upon the cardholder’s Paceline Streak status:
- Eligible purchases made with an active Paceline Streak earn unlimited 5%
- Eligible purchases made without an active Paceline Streak earn unlimited 2.5% back
A Paceline Streak is defined as a Paceline member achieving 150 or more elevated heart rate minutes per week, with no more than 50 minutes towards that goal coming from a single day. So if fitness is your passion, the Paceline Card might be right for you.
Health and Wellness purchases are defined by Paceline as follows:
- Gym memberships and subscriptions, including Peloton, Equinox, SoulCycle, LifeTime, Orangetheory Fitness, Planet Fitness and more
- Grocery stores including Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Instacart and more.
- Qualifying pharmacy purchases at CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid and others
- Fitness equipment with brands including Peloton, Tonal, Mirror and Echelon
- Fitness apparel and sporting goods with brands including Adidas, Athleta, Nike, lululemon, The North Face, Outdoor Voices, Patagonia and Under Armour
All other purchases with the card earn up to 3% back, with accountholders maintaining a Paceline Streak earning 3% back on every purchases and those not meeting fitness goals receiving unlimited 1.5% back on all other purchases.
Apple Watch Sign-Up Bonus
Thanks to an introductory offer, fitness fanatics also receive the opportunity to get their hands on an Apple Watch Series 7. New accounts that pay their minimum balance due every month and maintain their Paceline Streakfor 12 months to receive up to $429 in statement credits towards the latest Apple Watch. That statement credit bonus is $8.25 each week a cardholder meets their obligations.
Paceline is the first-ever fitness rewards platform. The Paceline app provides a financial benefit to physical fitness by tracking activity and rewarding that activity with cash back rewards. Awards through Paceline include rewards from major names, including Dunkin’ Whole Foods, Starbucks, Athleta, Kind, Nike, and more. The Paceline mobile app is available through the Apple App Store.
Related Article: Help Plant Trees When Tapping with Chase Freedom Flex