Community banks and credit unions that use the MOCA next-generation card-based payment platform now enjoy access to Mia’s new online payment assistant. The new Mia platform, available for most leading web browsers, works to make online purchases with MOCA Cards easier and more convenient.
MOCA Mia Offers Greater Online Security
The new Mia online payment assistant makes it easy for community banks and credit unions to provide online security peace of mind when their customers use MOCA Cards to make purchases online. According to statistics, approximately 2.14 billion people are expected to shop online in 2021.
With so much online shopping activity, keeping customers safe is critical – and a major driving force on how consumers decide on which credit cards to keep at the front of their wallets. The new Mia assistant allows users to issue single-use card numbers for greater security, keeping any online sites from stealing important card information.
“Mia not only brings added convenience for cardholders and increased wallet share for banks and credit unions, but it brings an extra layer of security that consumers so desperately need,” said John Burns, CEO of MOCA, in a statement accompanying the launch of Mia. “We want to ensure that each cardholder has the tools they need to keep their money and their information safe, and Mia helps do that when they shop online.”
This proprietary access to online security and fraud protection offers smaller banks and credit unions the ability to regain market share from megabanks and popular fintech credit card issuers currently dominating the online shopping space.
What Is MOCA?
MOCA is a digital-first, card-based payment platform. MOCA Cards offer enhanced security and control for cardholders and ease of access for smaller community banks and credit unions. The major benefit for banks that partner with and issue MOCA Cards is the access to state-of-the-art security and account-control options at a fraction of the cost of bespoke card options from larger issuers.
- Free and instant ability to send money to anyone, anywhere at any time in real-time using just their email address
- Mobile payments via MOCAPay
- Self-issue as many virtual or physical reloadable MOCA Cash Cards to yourself as you like
- Set advanced controls such as spending limits by amount, time of day, day of the week, category of merchant, and restrict use based on distance from your home zip code
- Lock cards down to a single merchant for online purchases
- Free MOCA Mobile from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android)
Related Article: Credit Card Trends to Look for in 2021