There are lots of credit cards on the market for people with bad credit or no credit. One of the more popular options, however, is the OpenSky Secured Visa from Capital Bank. What is it about this card that potentially makes it a better choice than others? Here are seven reasons why you should consider the OpenSky Secured Visa credit card:
No Credit Check
Perhaps the best reason to consider adding the OpenSky Visa credit card to your wallet is that it requires no credit check. Most credit cards – including secured cards – require a credit pull. These credit checks can keep applicants with bad credit from getting approval – even for a secured card.
OpenSky, on the other hand, only requires some necessary information to decide an applicant’s eligibility. This information includes:
- Full name
- Current address
- Contact information, such as email and phone number
- Social Security Number
- Financial information, including income and monthly housing payments
No credit check dramatically improves the odds of being approved for the OpenSky Card, making it an ideal option for those who struggle to find an issuer willing to extend a line of credit.
Simple Application Process
The application process with the OpenSky Secured Visa is straightforward and takes just a few minutes. Approval is equally quick, making the entire process as painless as possible.
Set Your Credit Limit
Secured cards allow applicants to set their own credit limits through the security deposit these cards require. With the OpenSky Secured Visa, the minimum deposit is $200, while the maximum deposit is $3,000. This allows applicants to put as much – or as little – money into their deposit as they’d like within the specified range, letting them decide how much credit they’d like to have.
Quickly Repair Your Credit
Secured cards are an excellent way to raise your credit score. With on-time payments and only using the card for smaller purchases, users can put their bad credit days behind them and build a positive credit history. Repairing credit isn’t an overnight process. That said, with continual practice and smart use, the OpenSky Secured Visa can help users boost their credit score significantly in as little as three months.
Increase Your Credit Limit
While security deposits won’t appeal to everyone, the deposit, plus no credit check, make the OpenSky Secured Visa card an excellent option for people with average credit who want to boost their credit score quickly. Thanks to no hard inquiry on their credit report, a person on the cusp of a “good” credit score can open an OpenSky Visa account, make a large deposit, and instantly increase their available credit. This new credit line will also significantly reduce their credit utilization, raising their credit score with no adverse effects.
Free Educational Tools
Part of repairing damaged credit is learning the skills to use credit properly. OpenSky is great in this aspect, as they provide cardholders with free access to their knowledge base.
The OpenSky knowledge base offers a range of articles on building credit. These topics include how to receive a free copy of your credit score, how credit scores are calculated, and tips on boosting credit.
OpenSky also provides a collection of inspirational stories to help boost morale – and confidence – of those with imperfect credit. While this feature may seem like a bit of a gimmick, for those who feel that their credit history will never improve, a confidence boost can go a long way.
Use It Anywhere
Even though it’s a secured card, the OpenSky Secured Visa Card is a genuine Visa credit card. The Visa payment network is the largest in the world, currently accepted in over 200 countries. This means that wherever your travels take you, your OpenSky Visa will likely be accepted.
Related Content: OpenSky® Secured Visa® Review
- Build credit with on-time payments
- Reports to the three leading credit bureaus
- Credit limist between $200 and $3,000
- Visa benefits and protections
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.39% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 17.39% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $6 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- Annual Fee: $35
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Minimum Deposit Required: $200
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The London Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Barcelona Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Bangkok Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -