Showing 1 Cards
Sort By Column Name:
- No annual fee
- No balance transfer fees
- Great low APR rates apply to purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers
- Regular Purchase APR: 7.75% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 7.75% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 7.75% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $5
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $5
Page 1 of 11
About State Employees Credit Union
State Employees Credit Union (SECU) is a North Carolina state-chartered credit union – and the second-largest natural member credit union in the United States. The credit union has its headquarters in Raleigh, NC, where it was founded nearly 90 years ago.
The history of State Employees CU dates to 1937 and 17 government employees at the North Carolina Agriculture Building in Raleigh. From just $437 in total assets in 1937, today, the credit union has over $40 billion in assets – and over two million members.
Who Can Join SECU?
As the second largest “natural member” credit union in the country, membership in SECU is open to employees of the State of North Carolina and their immediate families.
The following individuals and groups also qualify for membership:
- Federal employees assigned to N.C. state agencies
- Employees of public boards of education
- Members of N.C. National Guard
- County employees of Social Services, Health, Mental Health, and Civil Defense
- Employees of agencies or departments whose employees are subject to the State Personnel Act
- Employees of associations formed for the benefit of the state of North Carolina employees
- Individuals who are retired from the above associations and are currently pensioners or annuitants of those associations (including those who are “vested”)
- Immediate family members and household members of current members
- Un-remarried spouses of members who died
State Employees Credit Union currently operates more than 265 branches across the State of North Carolina. The credit union ahs a presence in each of the one hundred counties in the state, meaning no matter where you live in North Carolina, SECU is just around the corner. For a complete listing of SECU branch locations, standalone ATMs, directions, and more, please visit the credit union’s official website.
FAQs About State Employees Credit Union
Here are answers to common questions about SECU of North Carolina:
- The routing number of SECU is 253177049.
- State Employees Credit Union formerly offered free tax preparation for members. This program no longer exists, however.
- Credit Unions are insured through the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) for up to $250,000 per account.
Browse the Best Credit Union Cards Today
Looking for the best credit card offers from the leading credit unions in the United States? BestCards has impartial credit card reviews of the top credit unions. Find you Best Ccard today!