Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Sort By Column Name:
Showing 1 Cards
Date Reviewed: September 28, 2020
State Employees' Visa Credit Card
- No annual fee
- No balance transfer fees
- race period for purchases if the balance is paid in full each month
- Regular Purchase APR: 7.75% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 7.75% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 7.75% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $5
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $5
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase at Harry & David - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Troon® Golf for Visa Infinite - Offer Expires on January 26, 2022 - See Details
- Sonoma Wine Tastings 2:1 Offer with a Visa Signature or Visa Infinite Card - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
Page 1 of 11
About State Employees Credit Union
State Employees Credit Union (SECU) is a North Carolina state-chartered credit union – and the second-largest natural member credit union in the United States. The credit union has its headquarters in Raleigh, NC, where it was founded nearly 90 years ago.
The history of State Employees CU dates to 1937 and 17 government employees at the North Carolina Agriculture Building in Raleigh. From just $437 in total assets in 1937, today, the credit union has over $40 billion in assets – and over two million members.
Who Can Join SECU?
As the second largest “natural member” credit union in the country, membership in SECU is open to employees of the State of North Carolina and their immediate families.
The following individuals and groups also qualify for membership:
- Federal employees assigned to N.C. state agencies
- Employees of public boards of education
- Members of N.C. National Guard
- County employees of Social Services, Health, Mental Health, and Civil Defense
- Employees of agencies or departments whose employees are subject to the State Personnel Act
- Employees of associations formed for the benefit of the state of North Carolina employees
- Individuals who are retired from the above associations and are currently pensioners or annuitants of those associations (including those who are “vested”)
- Immediate family members and household members of current members
- Un-remarried spouses of members who died
State Employees Credit Union currently operates more than 265 branches across the State of North Carolina. The credit union ahs a presence in each of the one hundred counties in the state, meaning no matter where you live in North Carolina, SECU is just around the corner.
For a co0mplete listing of SECUn branch locations, standalone ATMs, directions, and more, please visit the credit union’s official website.
FAQs About State Employees Credit Union
Here are answers to common questions about SECU of North Carolina:
What is the routing number of State Employees Credit Union?
- The routing number of SECU is 253177049.
Does SECU still do taxes for free?
- State Employees Credit Union formerly offered free tax preparation for members. This program no longer exists, however.
Is SECU FDIC insured?
- Credit Unions are insured through the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) for up to $250,000 per account.