Kern Schools FCU Visa Rewards Credit Card
Earn 1% Cash Back on Every Purchase with No Annual Fee
- Regular Purchase APR 14% to 17.90%, variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14% to 17.90%, variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 16% to 17.90%, variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good , Fair
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- No balance transfer fees
- Earn 1% cash back on every purchase
- Regular Purchase APR: 14% to 17.90%, variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 14% to 17.90%, variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 16% to 17.90%, variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 2% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $15
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $30
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The London Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Barcelona Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Bangkok Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Kern Schools FCU Visa Rewards Credit Card is one of two credit cards that Kern Schools Federal Credit Union offers its members. It is also the only rewards card available to members of this Southern-California based financial institution. It features no annual fee and a competitive interest rate. Additionally, cardholders can earn cash back on their purchases. Keep reading for more information on this card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are already a member of Kern Schools Federal Credit Union or related to a member
- Live and/or work in Kern County, California
- Want to earn cash back on every purchase they make
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Kern Schools FCU Visa Rewards Credit Card Review
The Visa Rewards Card offers cardholders many of the same features as Kern Schools FCU’s Visa Platinum card. The biggest difference is that cardholders earn cash back rewards on anything they purchase using their Rewards Card. This card also features a low APR, and Kern Schools waives some fees that may be common in other similar credit cards.
Earn Cash Back on All Your Purchases
Kern Schools Federal Credit Union offers a straightforward cash back program to its Rewards cardholders. Basically, cardholders earn 1% cash back on every purchase they make using their Rewards card. To put this in dollars and cents, if you spend $2,000 on your credit card, you can earn $20.
What’s great about the cash back feature of this card is that cardholders get their rewards credited to their accounts every month. Some credit unions may only disburse cash back rewards once every quarter or even once a year. If you like to see your rewards in action, then the Kern Schools Rewards Card may be an ideal match for you.
What’s more, there is no cap on how much cash back you can earn, so you can keep those rewards coming in for as long as you have the card.
No Fees Mean More Money in Your Pocket
Some credit card issuers charge an annual fee for their rewards cards. That’s not the case with Kern Schools. There is never an annual fee for using any of this credit union’s Visa cards. What’s more, cardholders can transfer balances from another credit card to their Kern Schools card at no charge.
This last feature can make this a great balance transfer credit card, despite the fact that this card doesn’t offer any promotional introductory interest rates. Regardless, the Rewards Card’s competitive APR can still make this an appeal option, especially if you have a balance on a high-interest credit card.
Lower Interest Rates
The Kern Schools Visa Rewards Card’s interest rates are slightly higher than this credit union’s Visa Platinum card. The lowest APR an applicant can get approved for is around four percentage points higher than the lowest Platinum Card APR. It is still lower than the national average, however,
Additionally, the highest APR for this credit card is identical to that of Kern Schools FCU’s other non-rewards card, which is on par with the national average. So, if you are debating between applying for the rewards or the non-rewards card, you have a similar chance of getting approved for a low APR.
The APR applies to purchases and balance transfers. However, keep in mind that the APR is higher for cash advances. As well, cardholders are responsible for paying a flat-rate surcharge for cash advances or a percentage fee, depending on which one is greater.
Additional Cardholder Perks
The Visa Rewards Card carries some additional perks that are part of the benefits package Visa® provides all its card members. These include access to Visa’s Warranty Manager Services, which can help you extend any manufacturer’s warranty on items you have purchased with your Rewards Card.
Cardholders can also take advantage of Visa’s travel and emergency services. If you are away from home and experience the unexpected, you can call a toll-free number any time of day or night and speak to someone who can refer you to medical care and legal services, as well as transmit emergency messages to your contacts back home.
Another travel benefit is the auto rental collision damage waiver. If you reserve and pay for a rental car with your Visa Rewards card, you can be eligible for extra insurance coverage on that vehicle.
Should You Apply for the Kern Schools FCU Visa Rewards Credit Card?
It’s important to note that the Kern Schools Visa Rewards Card is only available to credit union members, and not everyone can be a member of Kern Schools FCU. Currently, membership is only open to people who work and/or reside within in Kern County, California. Membership is also open to members’ immediate family.
This is a good credit card match for you if you are already a member of this credit union or meet the membership requirements. No annual fees and a competitive APR make it a good basic credit card to have on hand. The cash back rewards, while basic, can be seen as a little extra bonus for the cardholder. If you take advantage of all of Visa’s added features, then this may be a good long term credit card to have in your wallet.