Amegy Bank® AmaZing Cash® Credit Card
Earn 1% Cash Back
- Regular Purchase APR 10.75% to 18.25% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 10.75% to 18.25% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 22.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months on transfers from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 1% cash back on every purchase
- 0% intro purchase APR for 6 months
- 0% intro balance transfer APR for 12 months
- Low regular rates
- Extra savings from AmaZing Deals
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months on transfers from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 10.75% to 18.25% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months on transfers made within 60 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 10.75% to 18.25% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 22.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $2 or 2% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Spoil your pup with a FREE upgrade to BarkBox. - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on all Afternoon Tea orders - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on The Berlin Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
If you’re looking for a card to help you knock out a balance, the Amegy Bank® AmaZing Cash® Credit Card may be worth a look. Not only does it offer 12 months of no interest on balance transfers, it also helps you earn rewards on new purchases. With no category restrictions, you can collect 1% cash back on every dollar you spend for slow and steady savings.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Prefer to bank with a local Texas financial institution
- Want to earn unlimited cash back with low APRs
- Will take advantage of additional savings through Amegy AmaZing Deals®
- Can utilize a long 0% introductory APR for balance transfers
Amegy Bank® AmaZing Cash® Credit Card Review
It may not be flashy, but the AmaZing Cash® Credit Card from Amegy Bank of Texas has its perks for the right wallet. Not many credit cards boast low rates, introductory APRs and cash back rewards with no annual fee. 1% cash back may not seem like a lot, but it allows this card to transition easily from a balance transfer card to a rewards card seamlessly. Plus, it comes from bank that aims for a small-town feel.
Leave Your Debt in the Dust
The main appeal of the AmaZing Cash Credit Card is the introductory APR on balance transfers. Most 0% intro APR cards offer the same period for purchases and transfers, but this card puts emphasis on the latter. From the day you open the account, you’ll have 12 months without interest on transferred balances. Note that in order to qualify, balances must be transferred within the first 60 days.
The 0% APR for purchases, on the other hand, only lasts for the first 6 months from account opening. Even so, these introductory rates transition into low-to-average regular APRs. This means if you have decent credit and just need to pay off a balance, you can still benefit from this card beyond the intro period.
Get AmaZing Cash® Back
Whereas the Amegy Bank AmaZing Rate Credit Card only provides access to coupons, this version of the card awards a percentage of cash back on all purchases. Not only that, but you also have no limit on the about of cash back you can accumulate. This means you’ll amass 1% cash back on every purchase you make with your card, until you’re ready to cash out. Once you have at least $25 in accumulated, you’ll receive a cash back rebate to apply to your statement or associated account.
More AmaZing Deals®
AmaZing Cash Back Deals await cardholders who download the AmaZing Deals mobile app. More than 1,000 merchants partner with the app to provide discounts and coupons on a variety of products and services. However, the app is only available to current Amegy Bank customers. This means you won’t be able to preview the types of deals available and see if they would be beneficial to you.
Customization and Protections
With the myPHOTOcard feature, you have the ability to order an AmaZing Cash Credit Card that displays your favorite image. Whether it’s a family photo or a picture of your furry friend, you can add a little personality to your wallet. The first image is free, and $5.95 for additional images. This card offers great protections for your wallet as well. These include:
- Zero Liability for any unauthorized use of your card or account
- Mobile Fraud Alert Service that lets you verify purchases with a quick text
- Card alerts that you can customize based on transaction amount and type
None of these features are unique to this card, but they’re nice to have nonetheless. This allows you to focus on your balance and minimize any hiccups with your account.
Should You Apply for the Amegy Bank® AmaZing Cash® Credit Card?
As far as balance transfer credit cards go, there are some that offer more benefits than the AmaZing Cash Card from Amegy. For instance, this card doesn’t waive the balance transfer fee or offer 0% introductory APRs beyond 12 months.
However, many cards that do offer these features don’t allow cardholders to earn cash back at the same time. This card stands out for its versatility, allowing users to handle their balances, whether new or carried over and earn rewards at the same time.
If you’re not sure Amegy Bank is for you, PNC Bank is one of the few lenders with comparable options. The PNC points® Visa® Credit Card, for example, offers similar APRs and intro periods, plus it allows you to earn 4 points for every dollar spent. For slightly higher APRs, the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card offers cash back in several different categories.