Last updated on April 11th, 2023
Hyatt International has announced the return of its popular Bonus Journeys promotion. The promotion is open to members of World of Hyatt, the chain’s award-winning loyalty program. World of Hyatt members must register for the promotion and can start earning points starting Saturday, February 15th. The promotion runs through May 15, 2020.
World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys Promotion Details
Through the Journeys promotion, members earn double points on eligible spending at over 1,000 participating locations worldwide. Among the properties taking part are:
- Over 875 hotels from 17 different brands under the Hyatt umbrella. Brands include Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, and Thompson Hotels.
- More than 300 properties in the Small Luxury Hotels of the World collection.
- Over ten MGM Resort locations, including Aria and Bellagio.
- 300+ Lindblad Expeditions to exotic destinations such as Antarctica, the Galapagos, and more.
One caveat with the promotion is that Hyatt only awards bonus points for the second eligible stay during the promotional period. The hotel chain awards no bonus points for the first stay.
To be eligible for the bonus promotion, travelers must register for both the World of Hyatt loyalty program and the Bonus Journeys promotion. Both are free to join. Registration for the Bonus Journeys promotion must take place by March 31, 2020.
Other considerations travelers must abide by:
- Include their World of Hyatt membership number with their reservation.
- Present their World of Hyatt number upon check-in.
- Stay at one of the 1,000+ participating locations
- Have a checkout date between February 15, 2020, and May 15, 2020.
- Only the room the World of Hyatt member stays in will earn bonus points. All other rooms on the reservation will only earn base loyalty points.
Earn Additional Bonus Points with the World of Hyatt Card
Using a World of Hyatt Credit Card earns additional bonus points during the Bonus Journeys promotion. Cardholders receive an extra 1,500 points for all qualifying stays during the promotion that includes a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night stay. This cardholder bonus only applies to the second – and subsequent – stay.
Points Limits During the Promotion
As with any other promotion, there are limits to the total amount of points earnable with Bonus Journeys. A maximum of 100,000 points is earnable for members during the promotional period. Using a World of Hyatt Credit Card, however, doubles this limit. Cardholders can earn an additional 100,000 points during the period when they use their card to book participating stays.
About World of Hyatt
World of Hyatt is the award-winning loyalty program of the Hyatt Hotels family of brands. Hyatt operates thousands of properties across the globe, with a room to fit every budget and taste. Direct bookings through Hyatt entitle guests to impressive perks. These include personalized service, wellbeing and spa offers, exclusive member rates, and more.
The World of Hyatt rewards program also offers members strategic partnerships with several travel brands. These include American Airlines (AAdvantage), Lindblad Expeditions, MGM Resorts, and more. Members can also earn additional points through the World of Hyatt Credit Card from Chase. New cardholders can earn up to 50,000 extra points within the first six months of opening an account. For more information on that card, read BestCards’ full review.
Related Article: 5 Best Credit Cards That Offer Trip Cancellation Insurance