Marriott Bonvoy and American Express have made changes to the popular Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card. The new features provide even greater value to companies without any increase in the annual fee. Here is what you need to know:
Marriott Adds New Features to Bonvoy Business Credit Card
Marriott Bonvoy and American Express have announced changes to the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card. The new changes provide even more value to small-to-medium-sized businesses and are effective immediately (launching on July 21, 2022).
Bonvoy Business Amex cardmembers can now enjoy the following new perks with their cards:
- Marriott Savings: A 7% Marriott Bonvoy Room Rate Discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy1 when booked directly. Terms apply.
- Dine and Earn, Worldwide: 4X Marriott Bonvoy points at restaurants, now worldwide.
- Bonvoy Status Boost: Complimentary Gold Elite status (previously Silver Elite status) in addition to all the card’s existing benefits.
Despite the impressive new features, there is no addition to the $125 annual fee. Additionally, the enhanced card benefits described above will also be enjoyed by cardmembers who have the Marriott Bonvoy® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, which is no longer available to new applicants.
Enhanced Welcome Offer
Marriott is also introducing a new welcome bonus for the Bonvoy Business Card. Eligible new cardmembers can earn 125,000 bonus Bonvoy points after they spend $5,000 in eligible purchases on the card in the first three months. The offer is available now through August 31, 2022. Terms and conditions apply.
About the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card
The new features with the Marriott Bonvoy Business® Credit Card are in addition to the card’s exisitn features, which include:
- Annual Free Night Award: Receive one Free Night Award every year after card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award by spending $60,000 in purchases on the card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy® points) at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®. Some hotels have resort fees.
- 15 Elite Night Credits: Each calendar year, cardmembers can receive 15 Elite Night Credits towards the next level of Marriott Bonvoy Elite status – Limitations apply per Marriott Bonvoy member account. This benefit is not exclusive to cards offered by American Express. Terms apply.
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn Accelerated Bonvoy Points:
- 6X Marriott Bonvoy points on each dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy
- 4X Marriott Bonvoy points on U.S. gas station purchases, wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, and U.S. shipping purchases
- 2X points on all other eligible purchases
“Help Stretch Travel Dollars Much Further”
“The rich, new benefits will help cardmembers owning and working for small businesses stretch their travel dollars much further and reward them for being a part of the engine that drives the U.S. economy. Hard-working Small Business cardmembers who spend many nights traveling for business can now earn points toward vacations and getaways with family and friends even faster when staying at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels and using their card for everyday expenses,” said David Flueck, Senior Vice President, Global Loyalty, Marriott International.
“Small business owners have weathered many challenges over the past few years, pivoted their strategies, and are now looking to get back on track with how they run their business” added Courtney Kelso, Executive Vice President & General Manager of Global Commercial Card, American Express. “This includes hitting the road again for client meetings, networking, new business pitches, and more. Now, these cardmembers can make the most of their business and leisure travel with our enhanced Marriott Bonvoy Business Card and the ability to earn even more valuable points and rewards.”
1 Exclusions include: Design Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments, Vistana Signature Network and Vistana Residence Network, Marriott Vacation Club and Marriott Grand Residence Club, The Ritz Carlton Destination Club, Homes & Villas by Marriott International, and All-Inclusive by Marriott Bonvoy.
Related Article: What are Your Credit Card Points Worth?
Featured image by Marriott International
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.